Anyone ever try these EBAY Chinese tube amps?
Mar 19, 2005 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 18
Why does it have a USB symbol on the front and two power buttons?
confused.gif

HeadPhone3_1.jpg

HeadPhone3_3.jpg

Mar 21, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #5 of 18
I messaged him for a total price quote, he switched the shipping price on me and told me to pay more then what the auction had listed..

not very nice.

Mar 21, 2005 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 18
Just couple of days ago I joined a local group order from China and ordered this headphone amplifier. Total cost with taxes and shipping will be around 100 euros. They sure aren't very expensive.

Here's some more information about that amp.

Mar 21, 2005 at 9:36 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Just couple of days ago I joined a local group order from China and ordered this headphone amplifier. Total cost with taxes and shipping will be around 100 euros. They sure aren't very expensive.

It shure looks nice Patu, don't forget to post some impressions when you get it.

Mar 21, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonasb
It shure looks nice Patu, don't forget to post some impressions when you get it.

Hope it sounds as good as it looks like.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll post my comments when it arrives but it can take a while. And this will be my first amplifier so I really don't have anything to compare with except my A/V Receiver.

Mar 21, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #9 of 18
Hi,

I found the manufacture link in China. Unfortunately, it is in Chinese (although you can find a link to English version in the upper right corner). It just did not work when I tried! I just doubt if it will be cheaper if you guys just buy it from the factory directly!

http://www.timesteraudio.com/t_products/t200.htm#

I am quite interested in it because I use my computer as source as well. So, post comments if you guys used it!

Mar 21, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
I messaged him for a total price quote, he switched the shipping price on me and told me to pay more then what the auction had listed..

not very nice.

complain to ebay inc.

anyways, the amps run off of 220v ac. not the biggest of problems, but perhaps.

the amp may have 2 power buttons to seperate the power suply/tube heater from the outputs of the tube.

Mar 22, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #11 of 18
Wow, 100 euros for that really isnt that bad at all. If I can get it for under $150 usd, then I'm in this market as well.

Would this make a noticable difference from cmoy amps? I suppose it obviously would, but by what margin would it make a difference? Consider me a complete noob, I can distinquish between good and bad amps, but not tube and non-tube amps...
smily_headphones1.gif

More importantly, where can I order these??

Mar 22, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #13 of 18
I have a friend in China. If I ask him to send me an amp, do I have to pay duties on it? Thanks to anyone with info.

Mar 22, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #15 of 18
Hmmm, that looks like a fun next purchase, dunno though, I'll wait a few weeks (and see if a friend of mine can make me one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back