anyone ever recable k240 sextett
Feb 12, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 10
I recabled mine. If you want to stick with the cable on one side and you don't care about balancing them in the future, you can get away with 3 wires. Unless you have a reason not to, you may as well include a 4th wire. It will makes the wiring inside the headphones easier.

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 10
I have not recabled any myself, but from looking at the cable it sure looks to be 4 wire.
As the cable looks like an 8, with what I assume to be separate + and - for each channel.

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 10
I need to recable mines too. The cable is a 4 wire, mine broke off when my mom was vacuuming and probably tugged too hard.
frown.gif
I'm trying to figure out how to take them apart and put it back together, I looking to do a split entry on mine.

Anyone know a good place to find the parts to build your own cable? I'm thinking about building my own.

Feb 13, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ill pm you some pics on how to do it redco has every thing you need.

i'd like to know too if possible.
i am about to go get some cable for my K500 then i will recable the K240 and probably the K241.

Feb 13, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #9 of 10
i've recabled at least 10 k240s dual entry, its not too tough, usually i just use zip ties on the cable ends near the cup to hold the wire in, you have to trim the plastic in the cup just a tad to get this to work. pm me if you have any questions, also i think i have a drop in 22 awg silver plated copper dual entry k240 cable if anyone is interested, (you would still have to solder all the terminations)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back