Anyone ever hear anything about Futuretech power cables?
Aug 16, 2008 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DARKHAVEN

100+ Head-Fier
They sell these extremely robust-looking Futuretech power cables on ebay and I was wondering if anyone has heard of them and/or used them? If they are indeed all they are cracked up to be, they could be a pretty good bargain. They sure look impressive, but who knows what's inside?

Attachment 7207

Attachment 7209

Attachment 7211

Aug 16, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 3
Furatech makes the plugs on the end of the cable, one can buy the separately. In fact they are considered one of the better makers of these plugs. That pair of them are not at the high end of their line up.

No Clue if Furatech makes the cable part as well. Those look to be non-production made. (the shrink wrap looks home-made) Also no clue as to the actual wiring within them.

You can go read, and ponder for a long time about whether powercords can make any difference. I simplified things for myself : a badly made cord will harm your sound quality (and possibly your gear and your nervous system). A good cord will not. A great cord (independent of price) will make the sound quality more to your liking.

IMO, if your are looking to play with powercords (IE not use generic cords, and Markl rates some of them pretty well) and these cords are in your price range, and spark your interest due to the fancy plugs, and the fat cable, then go for them, and post some impressions vs. your other power cords for us to read. Many "secrets" show up here on the boards due to experimentation by the posters here.

Now to answer your actual question, no honest knowlege on those cables you are showing pictures of, sorry.

Aug 16, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 3
my only recommendation about cables is to buy used and from name brand or popular companies, b/c resale value will be very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back