Anyone ever fix their laptop mouse ?
Nov 22, 2006 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

regal

Headphoneus Supremus
I took apart my lap top because the left mouse button isn't working right. Man these things are a bit** to disassemble. So I finally get to the button and the actual button switch is fine, the plastic button portion is plastic riveted to the case cover. These have lost their "spring". Its an unreplaceable part. So the only thing I can think of is to cut them off and just use the exposed button switch. Any idea's? I hate to bastardize this thing but refuse to buy a new laptop for this.

Nov 23, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 5
You can get a marble mouse and use it instead of the built in mouse, that would save you the re-investment. This solution has some issues but it is cost effective.
Another option is to look on ebay for a damaged, part out laptop, and see if you can scavange the part you need.

Nov 23, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #4 of 5
I have a small portable optical mouse I use for my laptop (does that count?) One day it started acting strange... movement became jerky and sluggish.

I think the light sensor became dislodged / or out of focus compared to the mouse-pad surface.

I used an old blockbuster video card, and cut it up into 4 small squares. Glued the squares onto the slide pads on the mouse bottom. Basically, little shims to re-align the optical sensor.... basically "lifting" the mouse up higher off the mouse-pad.

Ive used this mouse for ~2 years like this, as a backup when my hands get tired from using the scroll-pad.

Nov 23, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 5
Pics would help to understand the situation..

but if I understand you correctly, the springyness of the button is gone yes? then just shove a spring under it (plastic preferred) and paste it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back