Anyone Ever Experience This?
Oct 31, 2004 at 6:16 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
not neccessarily man.you could have hearing problems AND still be insane dude !

not mutually exclusive
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL, ya never know
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
I have a weird condition that, out of nowhere, the hearing in my right ear gets severely muted and replaced with a sound like the vibrations of a tuning fork. This only happens like twice a week for about ten seconds each time. The "tuning fork sound" is not loud, but it is pretty much all I can hear out of my right ear during that ten seconds. My left ear never seems to have this. I believe both ears work fine, because I always pass my hearing tests fine. It has been a while since I had a hearing test, but I have had this condition since I can remember. I did used to have really bad earaches when I was a kid, and I almost needed tubes (bleh!!!). Anyone else have this or experience this ever?

Do you suffer from Hypertension, this is one of the symptoms...try cleaning the ears once in a while, maybe is wax, there are a lot of over the counter drops to remove the earwax in a safetly maner....I do it once a month or so.....just to keep my ears tuned with the CD3000...

Oct 31, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
P.S.: A tight neck/shoulder area can also add to that phenomenon (and cause headache). Some natural remedy can be achieved by doing the following: Pull your shoulders together and press your head back to put presure on the muscles between the shoulders for some 30 seconds. Don't hold your breath while doing that, just keep breathing normally. Then relax your shoulders and let your head sag onto your breast for a little while. Thereafter, erect your neck again, look straight forward and move it down towards each (still relaxed) shoulder a few times in order to achieve some stretching. I've seen that on tv being suggested by a doctor of the German army (Bundeswehr), who called it "gnomus relaxation". It really looks silly, but I've tried it - and it worked for me, too.

Or just push your ear closed.
In front of your ear canal there is this thingy. Push on it and your ear is closed. Ater a few seconds the ringing stops. At least with me it does.
I'm sure your method works too. But by the time you're done the ringing will be over anyway
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #19 of 21
Good to know that it's normal. It happens to me every once in a while and I'd always thought it was due to hearing damage. I was holding a huge potato gun almost parallel to my head with someone else and someone hit the actuator before they were supposed to. The PVC piping exploded and I couldn't hear anything at all for about half a minute
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
It happens to me too.

Aren't severe cases a symptom of tinnitus?

Yes.

frown.gif

I get it once in awhile. It gets far worse if I've had too much caffiene, or more specifically, any aspartame (a.k.a. Nutrasweet).

Sometimes that ringing lasts for up to an hour. Really sucks. But I haven't had any problems like that since I stopped using aspartame.

-Ed

Oct 31, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Remember, it is your high frequency hearing that deteriorates first. Think of what music would sound like if you couldn’t hear anything above 10KHz: just like with a crummy old transistor radio or listening to music over a telephone (no cymbals or high pitched instruments, voices sounding deadened).

Most people lose hearing over 10KHz as they age, yet they can still hear cymbals and sound they do hear doesn't become like a telephone!
tongue.gif
There isn't that much musical info over 10KHz, most everything happens in the midrange.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back