Anyone ever compare the TEAC Esoteric DV-50S to their flagship UX-1?
Mar 12, 2006 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sleestack

Headphoneus Supremus
I was thinking about using a modded 50S as a source for my 5.1 system, but when my modder opened up the 50S he wasn't all that crazy about the layout of the 5.1 outs on the 50S. I have the opportunity to buy a UX-1 for a decent price and was wondering if anyone ever compared the 2. The UX-1 is more than twice the price of the 50S. I don't care about video at all. I only care about the 5.1 outs and the 2 channel and digital audio outs.

Mar 12, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 4
you might have better luck asking this question at audio asylum. there are only a handful of people here that's thinking about upgrading their $5k digital source to a $10k+ one...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
I was thinking about using a modded 50S as a source for my 5.1 system, but when my modder opened up the 50S he wasn't all that crazy about the layout of the 5.1 outs on the 50S. I have the opportunity to buy a UX-1 for a decent price and was wondering if anyone ever compared the 2. The UX-1 is more than twice the price of the 50S. I don't care about video at all. I only care about the 5.1 outs and the 2 channel and digital audio outs.

Hey dude are you looking at the apl modded ux-1? If you are looking at that one then there is a waiting list I think.

There are a few unmodded ones on A'gon the going price is about 7.5k

Mar 13, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Hey dude are you looking at the apl modded ux-1? If you are looking at that one then there is a waiting list I think.

There are a few unmodded ones on A'gon the going price is about 7.5k

I use someone who mods all my TACT gear. The Stereotimes guys love his work and his TACT mods are amazing, so I'm letting him tear apart whatever I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back