Anyone else?
Sep 24, 2010 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

smileypop

New Head-Fier
Anyone else thinking about getting the new Denon AH-D510R? I was really wanting a pair of headphones with the built in Apple control and I think these look like the best bet. I am just curious if they will sound as good as the AH-D1001, but they do look to have better build quality. Anyways if anyone gets them I would like to hear opinions.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #3 of 4
I just got these headphones and I REALLY like them! I use them primarily with my I Phone 3GS
Granted, these are my first pair of "quality" headphones for my I Phone ( have been using a beat pair of standard ear-buds that come with the phone) but I am very happy so far with the Denons.

I had heard others say that they don't deliver the bass they would like to hear in a set of cans, but I was quite surprised on how deep and clean the bass was in these headphones. I also immediately began to hear more layers of the music; songs that I have listened to MANY times became new to me again

They are quite comfortable and very light-weight. I do wish they folded up for compact travel bu the ear pieces rotate to be stored flat.

I've also read a few reviews that tried to compare these to the Denon AH-D1001k's I haven't experienced those headphones but I assume that there are minor tweaks in the product that create a better unit (thus the higher price tag )... but given my light experience with the Denon AH-D510R's, I'd have to imagine that the difference must be slight.

The in-line Apple remote / mic is very handy too and one of the main reasons I purchased this product.

I may update this review after longer use but so far - so good - a solid 4 stars out of 5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back