Anyone Else Waiting On E500/SE530 Replacements?
Mar 5, 2008 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

javahut

500+ Head-Fier
Sent my E500s in for replacement due to one of the rubber cable restraint pieces separated from the earphone. Then while I was packing them... the infamous cracked insulation problem occurred next to the other earphone. Had them about 8-10 months maybe? They were warrantied replacements from another pair that had one of the low end drivers start distorting intermittently on some notes after about 8-10 months or so.

Anyway... the first time I had them replaced, it only took about a week to get the new ones. Now I've waited for coming up on 3 weeks. Contacted Shure... they said they're set for replacement, but they don't have stock and are backordered. Must be having to replace alot of 'em!?!

So I've got my old E5s I'm borrowing back from my wife in the meantime. But, man, this is making me itch to try something different. I've wanted to check out Westone UM2s for the longest time. But also really wanna check out the Westone 3s when they're available. So I ordered the Westone 3s, but who knows when that'll happen. Halfway thought about starting the process of gettin' UE11s, as I really wanna check out some 3 way IEMs. Now starting to think about ordering the UM2s as a holdover until the 3s are available... and they might even get here before the replacement SE530s! Then I could just flip the brand new SE530s when they get here if I like the UM2s enough. Or maybe I should just cancel the Westone 3s and go for broke with the UE11s. Who knows. I'm just venting out of frustration of not having my replacement SE530s here yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back