Anyone else suffer from wide feet?
Jul 5, 2006 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Predator88

100+ Head-Fier
My sneakers finally gave away and sort of broke today. As I have been unfortunately blessed with somewhat wide feet this makes shopping for shoes a real pain. Anyone else have wide feet and know of a company that makes good looking shoes for us strange folk? I checked out zappos and have basically concluded that people with wide feet must obviously not play soccer (I really want to own adidas sambas again) and must have a strange fashion sense. Argh!
frown.gif

Jul 5, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 25
Me!!!.. team fat-feet.

I like newbalance sneaks, they have variable widths.
I usually wear Vans or NSS skate shoes they seem to be pretty wide.

Jul 5, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 25
I do, and it sucks, I have flat feet too. One whole side of my family has this...

I bought a bunch of sneakers a few years back, and my foot size hasn't grown, but my feet have widened so I can't wear any of them. Man, I have some vans, but even those aren't too comfortable.

Jul 5, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I do, and it sucks, I have flat feet too. One whole side of my family has this...

I bought a bunch of sneakers a few years back, and my foot size hasn't grown, but my feet have widened so I can't wear any of them. Man, I have some vans, but even those aren't too comfortable.

Yeah... vans are not the most comfey things, and widths vary greatly from model to model.

Ive tried some Clarks before that were REALLY wide and comfey.

Jul 5, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Yeah... vans are not the most comfey things, and widths vary greatly from model to model.

Ive tried some Clarks before that were REALLY wide and comfey.

What's the smallest size Clarks come in?

Jul 5, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 25
Here! Size 12 feet, wide.

I have it pretty bad. From my dad. I can't wear Nike Dunks which I love so much. I have to settle for skater shoes because they're normally wider. I do love K-Swiss shoes too. They're not so bad, but they get stretched out and end up looking pretty bad.

I've found Vans and New Balance good shoes for the wider feet. Basketball shoes too, like AND1.

Formal shoes, it's not really a problem because you can get them all the way up to triple E.

Jul 5, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #8 of 25
Yea I stick to new balance due to the wide offerings (bad joke...i know). However I've noticed that this year's model's aren't looking very appealing (really wishing I would've stockpiled on 807s while they were in production). The problem with those was they are running shoes, thus not exactly the best for indoor soccer (which I am once again taking up this year).

Jul 5, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #9 of 25
dk_captmidperf_med.jpg

I have quite extraordinarily wide feet, and these days dont wear anythign but assorted simi-slipper slip on shoes. Super comfy and they dont stink like trainers.

Jul 5, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #10 of 25
I stick with New Balance as well, 10.5 4E being the best fit for me (and sometimes difficult to find as well, even struck out once at the New Balance store). I do currently wear a pair of Skechers gym shoes that I found in a wide width, and they're not bad.

In high school I had a pair of football cleats that pressed on the sides of my feet so badly my feet hurt for months afterward. But the alternative was a pair that were so big I'd trip over the toes when I ran.

Jul 5, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #12 of 25
I second the Birkenstocks, and also the New Balance.

I had some 905's in 12 4E for a couple years (higher end off road). They run off the SL-1 or SL-2 "last" from NB. (A last being the model they design the shoe around, czech their website for more info on 'em). Anyways, I'm rockin' the 992's right now for my workout/running shoe. Its a little loose in the heel, so use the lace-lock, but its a great shoe.

Also... Adidas Samba (Nubuck) was my fav shoe of all time. Straight across white laces made me happy.

**BRENT**

Jul 6, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 25
my sister got a pair of nerdminton shoes from singapore
there was a tag that said "wide for asian fit"

yes, new balance fits me very well

i also have a pair of erm...ladies sized kswiss that were almost as comfortable

Jul 6, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #14 of 25
I have extremly wide feet 12 EEEE

The only shoe really on the market is New balance, and I am not crazy about them. There styles have gotten a bit better over the years, still not the greatest lookin shoes. I tried some asics extra wide but after 3 weeks I tossed them, not comfortable at all.

I am also flat footed, and developed a problem with my feet because of it called planar fascia, basically I am in constant pain with both my feet. I tried several doctors about 10 cortizone shots total just in my right foot, orthodics, to this day I am still in extreme pain. It's weird how it came on to, I just went to get out of bed one morning and went right into the wall next to my bed (from the pain stepping down)

I am also looking for a good pair of slippers (the only wide width I found is lands end, they only last about three months and are pretty exspensive for a slipper), I know most guys probally don't wear them but I don't have a choice, I can not go barefoot around the house anymore according to the last doc I went to, and he is right if I walk around the house barefoot, the pain is allot worse.

Edit::
I had a pair of Berkinstock, they were terrible till broken in, took somewere around a 9 months befor I could wear them for more then a few minutes. I still may look for another pair evantually the ones I had wore out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back