Anyone else play trombone?
Nov 23, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 16
I can play trumpet and had a go at the trombone many years ago I think it would be easy to convert from trumpet to trombone once you got used to the 8 slide positions?

Sure is a nice instrument
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2003 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
I have had a sudden urge to play the French Horn all of a sudden...I dunno, it's pretty cool, I'd get one that has the thumb trigger also (a double?). It wouldn't really fit into a "jazz band" though
frown.gif

edit: "erge" is spelled urge
biggrin.gif

They are a super instrument but need to be warmed up before they sound their best, probably the most temperamental brass instrument there is! I remember having to stand in for the french horn player (at the last moment) in a brass band I was in years ago........... anyone who knows anything about brass instruments will know why a french horns needs to be warmed up! My attempt at playing a cold horn didn't go down very well to say the least!

Nov 24, 2003 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 16
D-EJ915:

1=open
2=2
3=1
4=1,2
5=2,3
6=1,3 I think...haha <-that's right
7=1,2,3

Pink Floyd: 7 positions
wink.gif

I can play from a double pedal Bflat (under a pedal Bflat) to the Bflat above the Bflat on the top line of the staff. And sometimes a partial higher.
eek.gif

Nov 25, 2003 at 11:12 PM Post #12 of 16
I guess there could be an 8th position, with an extended inner slide. or it the outer slide was just barely hanging on

Nov 26, 2003 at 2:26 AM Post #13 of 16
I used to make a living playing the trumpet, flugelhorn, and valve trombone in a nightclub type band in my younger days. Ok, in all honesty I got paid to party from Tuesday through Sunday. I did this from my senior year in high school through my early 20s.....then I had to get a real job.

But it was fun while it lasted.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 26, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #15 of 16
I play trombone in the University of Wisconsin Marching Band. The way we do things, it's just as athletic as any college sport.

http://www.badgerband.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back