Anyone else like Rolling Rock?
Oct 2, 2006 at 11:21 AM Post #16 of 28
Please!!!

It's horrible stuff. Maybe if you are 16 years old and just trying beer....

Czech Budveiser Budvar, or Urquell for bottled lager.
British real ales for bitter/stout/pale/mild etc.

Easy

Oct 2, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #18 of 28
Yuengling is PA's finest
wink.gif

And, Rolling Rock was bought out by Anheuser-Busch, so I'm not even sure it's produced in Latrobe anymore. I knew a few people from Latrobe (it's 40 minutes from Pittsburgh) and they were bummed to hear the news.

That said, I never liked Rolling Rock
redface.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Yuengling is PA's finest
wink.gif

That's some good beer right there. Please mail me some! :)

RR is cool when you first try to get away from the "watery" domestic beers. But once you have a Sierra Nevada Pale, Red Hook ESB, Sam Adams Light or Summer Ale, Yuengling, it's hard to go back to RR.

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #20 of 28
The neighborhood bar used to sell it for a buck every day of the week. I drank it when i was poor. Many years later, i'm still poor, but i won't touch it anymore. It just doesn't taste good to me.

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by rock\

I wish I could, the next time I get Yuengling is when I go home for Thanksgiving. The Shiner Bock here in Houston has become my go-to beer though, I enjoy it.

Oct 2, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by rock\

RR is cool when you first try to get away from the "watery" domestic beers. But once you have a Sierra Nevada Pale, Red Hook ESB, Sam Adams Light or Summer Ale, Yuengling, it's hard to go back to RR.

AH yes! Sierra Nevada Pale Ale...the beer of many flavors. Yummy. I Also like Yuengling, I bought a 12 pack last week for $9 !
cool.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #24 of 28
i found Sierra Nevada Pale on tap in Newton MA, two glasses and i was feeling pretty nice, its a strong beer. i also like Stella Artois on tap but i really dont like its taste in the bottle for some reason.

Oct 2, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
I wish I could, the next time I get Yuengling is when I go home for Thanksgiving. The Shiner Bock here in Houston has become my go-to beer though, I enjoy it.

I can actually get both Yuengling AND Shiner Bock here in MD (and often do!)

Oct 3, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #26 of 28
its not a good beer , by most "sophisticated" drinker's view , but if you like it , why be concerned about what other people think about what YOU consume?

im sure many beers i enjoy most people find unpalatable , and i find many people's favorite beers appalling (whole thread example) , but they all go down only one person's belly at a time .... so whatever floats your keg

Oct 3, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAP7
Please!!!

It's horrible stuff. Maybe if you are 16 years old and just trying beer....

Czech Budveiser Budvar, or Urquell for bottled lager.
British real ales for bitter/stout/pale/mild etc.

Easy

Both also horribly overrated... even if Czech Budveiser is clearly better than American Budweiser, it isn't a great beer! Urquell is nice, but far too expensive. I can get Warsteiner for less here.

I don't think I've had a better beer than Hacker-Pschorr. Never seen it in the USA, though.

Rolling Rock is a cheap beer that lacks taste... which can be good if it's been in the fridge and you don't want a mouthful of heavy flavor. And those of us who don't have unlimited funds (or get paid in pounds) sometimes need to buy cheaper beers. And since this might be a fun game, here's what my roommate and I have in our fridges right now:

Otter Creek Oktoberfest
Magic Hat Circus Boy (Hefeweizen)
Sam Adams mix pack (what's left, anyway)
Long Trail mix pack (same)
Harpoon mix pack
Warsteiner
1 500ml Paulaner Oktoberfest (mmm...)

...and the cheapies:
Yuengling
Schlitz
PBR
Bud Light

Oct 3, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #28 of 28
Tried it for the first time back in 11/01 when I was up in Big Indian NY to watch the Leonid Meteor Shower. An enjoyable beer, it kept me from noticing how wet and cold the grass was during the pre-dawn hours. Shoulda gone back to my room for a blanket but I was too drunk........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back