Anyone else here hooked on DDR?
Dec 27, 2002 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

BoardC3

500+ Head-Fier
I got DDRMAX (the dance dance revolution game for the PS2) and a pad today from my local EB, im bad but im so addicted. I HIGHLY suggest everyone goes to an arcade and play this it is such a great game (as long as you dont easily become embarrassed). a bunch of my friends started playing it about 2 weeks ago when it came into this new japanese arcade they got in collegetown. just wondering if anyone else here plays it or shares my addiction?

Dec 27, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 13
yeah those people using RDRAM on their P4's really have money to waste i guess.

j/k
tongue.gif

actually i have never seen one of these machines in person so i have not had the opportunity to try it. i can't dance with any skill like would be required so i probly wouldn't even attempt it anyways.

Dec 27, 2002 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 13
im telling you just, you NEED to try it. but the thing is people often dont like it the first time because when youre really bad its not fun, but after 2 or 3 games its basically the crack of videogames

Dec 27, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 13
yeah, I play it. I'm getting pretty decent. I have a home pad for my dreamcast. I have club mix and 2nd mix. That's only for practice. I play DDRMAX2 at the mall.
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2002 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 13
I want to try it... but I can't play at the arcade, since I suck at it and need that money for Soul Calibur 2, and I can't play at my apartment since my downstairs neighbors would probably get pissed off.
frown.gif

Dec 27, 2002 at 5:17 PM Post #8 of 13
The local Wal-Mart Supercenter placed one in the arcade conveniently located near the 2 OPEN (and 6 closed) Express(???) Lanes. Watching these big guys that always seem to play(dance?) it makes you forget how long you are waiting in line (the first few times at least).

Dec 27, 2002 at 5:58 PM Post #9 of 13
i guess i'm the only one who goes to the mall and laughs at the whackos dancing on the dance dance revolution machines. you're all a bunch of weirdos!

Dec 28, 2002 at 2:45 AM Post #12 of 13
I agree nick.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm an ok player, I'm a bit past doing dynamite rave/captain jack on trick(standard, whatever). I guess I'd call myself an intermediate player.

Dec 28, 2002 at 4:41 AM Post #13 of 13
I definitely have to admit its really goofy looking but its ALOT more fun than it is goofy looking. luckily the place that i play in public is a small arcade with japanese games where the only reason they laugh at you is if you suck (which happened alot the first time i went)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back