anyone else here a josh groban fan?
Oct 18, 2004 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

headphonegeek

100+ Head-Fier
at only 23 years of age "WHAT A VOICE!"
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 8
His talent is obvious. Apparently, he trained together with Charlotte Church when they were kids.

I'm not exactly a big fan of his but in my opinion, the current state of popular music is horrible with many examples of repetitive tunes and singers with not-so-special voices, Groban is an outstanding new talent.

However, my father and I agree that on certian songs, his voice just overpowers the music which is not what I always like. One of the songs he sang very well (he always sings very well, actually) where the background music didn't seem 'overpowered' was 'Vincent (Starry Starry Night)'.

I'm looking foreward to seeing him sing other great classics.
eggosmile.gif

Oct 18, 2004 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Apparently, he trained together with Charlotte Church when they were kids.

This is the first I ever heard of this. I'm not so sure this is true. As for my own take on Groban, I think he's got a great voice but his singing is a little bland. He needs to put a little more emotion in his voice. He could probably sing the telephone book and it would carry the same weight as his other songs. He should also get a language coach if he wants to keep singing Italian and Spanish songs. He sounds as if he's a first year language student reading from a textbook. I'm not trying to nitpick here. It's just that I think that as good as he is, he can be so much better, and it would be a shame if he didn't reach his full potential. A person can have the greatest voice in the world, but if they don't know how to "sing" a song, their talent is for naught.

Tom

Oct 18, 2004 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 8
Josh Groban, Charlotte Church, Andrea Bocelli, Nelson Eddy, Jeannette MacDonald, Katherine Grayson. Opera training, but voices not big enough. They do well enough with a pop repertoire.

Oct 19, 2004 at 2:44 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears
Josh Groban, Charlotte Church, Andrea Bocelli, Nelson Eddy, Jeannette MacDonald, Katherine Grayson. Opera training, but voices not big enough. They do well enough with a pop repertoire.

bocelli only sounds good singing pop?i don't think so.listen to his cd "VIAGGIO ITALIANO".

Oct 19, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #8 of 8
i have, and it's not how he sounds on a recording. it's how he sounds infront of a full orchestra with a chorus and a soprano. HIs voice is fine, it just doesn't "fill a house" unless he's heavily amped. by the way, isn't viaggio italiano a pop album? It does include a few arias, but bocelli is no pavarotti.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back