Anyone else here a house head?
Jan 15, 2006 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sheynkman

100+ Head-Fier
Sometime a few years ago...I went from being an all rock guy to switching to house music.... I don't like techno or any crazy head pounding garbage....but listening to ..lets say... hernan cattaneo's live sets and the progression of different sounds over the course of an hour + just facinates me. Nick Warren's Shanghai GU cd is awesome too

anyone else?
basshead.gif

Jan 15, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 4
My friends got a chance to go see Hernan in toronto but unfortunely I couldn't go. My brother saw him once before, and said he was one of the best DJs hes ever seen live and hes seen a few. I have his rennasiance mixes and south america. All are really good, but I like rennasiance master series 2 the best.

But yea, I'm a house head.

Jan 15, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #3 of 4
yeah...that remix of closer to me is great...

download his London 05 and essential mixes...all very very good and show just how good he is live....though it doesnt really compare....

Im kinda upset I missed him by a week when i was in brazil for NY06

what do you think is the best can for this type of music...

Im getting a shure e4 for portability (etys were not bass-y enough) but i think that grado bass would be nice and punchy for house music
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2006 at 10:45 AM Post #4 of 4
Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier (wonder if you'll see this).

I have beyerdynamic dt770 pro/80s, etymotic er-6s, and had grado sr-60s and sony v6s before they broke.

The 770/80s are my favorite cans, beyond the etys for this kind of music. On my recievers headphone out, I turn the bass down a little to bring the midrange out. Theres probably better headphones for the rest of the frequencys in the price range, but I wanted something closed and good for gaming, and with all I've read these might be as good as it gets for that. They're also extremely durable and comfortable and decently driven out of weak sources. It serves all my purposes for headphone listening.

I think people assume damnce and electonic music is all about bass but I enjoy good sound from the mid to mid-high frequencys for all the synths, and with an intense presentation. I only heard sr-60s, but I would think grados sound great.

I listen to 128 encoded internet radio out of my old computers sound card run to the headphone out of my dads old sherwood reciever. Probably far from a good source. I just bought an NAD 3220pe for my speakers off a member here in the classifieds that has a good headphone out, and am building a new computer with an EMU 0404 soundcard, so... can't wait to hear how that sounds.
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back