Anyone else having problems with M-100?
Jan 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Se7inhand

New Head-Fier
My cans just recently started cutting out on one side, wiggling the cord didn't seem to help.  Only unplugging and replugging would work but only temporarily.  Now even both sides will cut out on occasion or the sound gets verrry weak, requiring a replugging.  I tried the SharePlay and the SpeakEasy cables and both give the same results through multiple sources.. Any thoughts?  I have 2 tickets in with suport already.  The first was a ticket suspecting a defective cable but then I remembered  had another, the SpeakEasy, and the second ticket is for possible defective product.  Anyone else having any problems or has my bad luck struck again?

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 4
If I remember correctly the M80 and M100 both have in-line value controls + mic?  That is a big source of cable problems and I would suggest finding a cable or using the spare that ships with the headphones ( the one without the in-line controls ) and see if the problem goes away.

You may also want to clean the ends of the cable(s) with some rubbing alcohol as well as the insides of the jack(s).  When you do this be sure to use a Q-tip and not just poor the alcohol into the jack.  See if that helps.

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 4
+1 to this! If the problem still occurs it could be something with the headphones themselves.( defect or caused my dropping them just right?) you may have to contact vmoda. My m-100s are working well after probably 100 hours of on the go use. Even more if you count on neck time.
If I remember correctly the M80 and M100 both have in-line value controls + mic?  That is a big source of cable problems and I would suggest finding a cable or using the spare that ships with the headphones ( the one without the in-line controls ) and see if the problem goes away.

You may also want to clean the ends of the cable(s) with some rubbing alcohol as well as the insides of the jack(s).  When you do this be sure to use a Q-tip and not just poor the alcohol into the jack.  See if that helps.
[/quote.

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 4
I bought 2 V-Moda CF Wireless and 1 CF Wireless codex but when I tried out the plain CF Wireless which I gave to my wife, the right side had less volume than the left side. With the help of Vmoda support we tried to reset the headphones but problem still persist. Had I not tried out my wife's headphones, then we wouldnt find out that the balance was off. Problem is I got headphones more than a year ago which by now is past the warranty period . Anyone having problem with the Crossfade Wireless balance ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back