Anyone else have really bad luck with defective products?
Jun 3, 2016 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Andrew Rieger

500+ Head-Fier
So I haven't been in this hobby for very long but I'm starting to get really burned by all the defective products I seem to encounter. I know you get what you pay for and I haven't really bought anything "hifi" yet but I have dropped a decent amount on this stuff. I baby my gear too. 

Fiio E12 - DOA, never worked at all, returned to Amazon

Phillips Fidelio L2 - Adjustment in the headband broke, or got stuck, no way to adjust headband on left side, came like this . Sent back to Amazon.

Teac UD 301 DAC - Buzzing noise when using RCA's. Got louder over time. Sent back to Massdrop for refund (still pending, fingers crossed). 

Audio Technica R70x - Fine for a few months of light use but developed a popping noise in the right driver. Sent back to AT in Ohio, they checked it out, acknowledged the problem, replaced both drivers and shipped it back. This all took almost three weeks to get sorted out. 

EMU Teak - Dead left driver on arrival. Currently waiting for a replacement from EMU. 

The only products I have bought without any issues were my Nuforce HA200 and my Schiit Uber Stack. Anyone else have these issues? I am seriously thinking about bailing from this hobby.

Every product I have had a problem with, take a wild guess where it was made. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back