anyone else have problems with USPS international
Mar 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

nyjets28

1000+ Head-Fier
So I ordered a LOD from someone in Turkey via registered mail. And on Feb. 18, it arrived the NY ISC at JFK.

"Your item arrived in the United States in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 6:47 PM on February 18, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

It's been 10 business days exactly and still I have nothing. Tracking doesn't update (as far as I understand, they stop tracking once in the US) and I can't find any way to contact these people. The only number I found after googling this was 718-553-7271 and that's just an automated message and only for express mail (tracking number starting with an "E").

Does anyone have any advice for me? Please help! Unfortunately I also bought someone's IE7 from UK and that's stuck there now too since Feb. 25. I wish I knew that USPS international sucked so much.

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 11
Man that sucks. I have no idea how to help. Maybe if you called your local postmaster he/she could give you a phone number. I know at our little post office they are more than willing to help you out. Other than that I have no idea.

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #3 of 11
Sorry to bump and I hope you don't see this as spamming and/or trolling
tongue.gif
But I bought something off ebay US and got it posted via Priority Air Mail to here, Australia. I tried to follow the steps on how to email USPS, but I can't because I am unable to select Australia, it only displays the American states
confused.gif
. The problem I am having is that it said the item has been delivered. But here is the problem: Delivered, April 03, 2010, 1:31 pm, SOUTH BEND, IN 46615

I am not in America...I am in Australia and when I paid for my item, I clearly stated the address I wanted it to be posted to, it is the one I always get it posted to to, my Uncle's work address. I have never had this problem before.

So in conclusion, how do I contact USPS about an item that was delivered at the incorrect address? Thanks.

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #4 of 11
EDIT:: Sorry! Didn't realize this thread is bumped up. I am sure my reply for you is now worthless. I hope you have solved your problem.

Original reply follows:
You need to go to your local post office and ask them what is happening. They should be able to give you a phone number AND an exact time for you to call the right people.

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 11
I bumped it because I thought it would be smarter than just starting a new thread. Thank you for your response. I am posting out the Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm Manufaktur tomorrow, so I will ask them about the issue then
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks for your help. I will update the thread once I get an answer from them.

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 11
You really just have to wait. I ordered several things from Netherlands, Germany...and were all fairly quick actually. However, I had one item coming from the UK...and it turns out that the customs stole my iems
frown.gif
That one did take a lot longer though, they are probably searching through your box (I hope not though) to check if your parcel is hazardous.

You just have to wait. I tried calling the local post office and they couldn't do anything with my iems. They told me there is no way they can track who stole my iems and such. Hope I didn't scare you, but I don't think it happens very often especially you have two packages coming on your way...I wouldn't think it would happen to both..and hopefully neither one!

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #7 of 11
Well the thing is, they have been delivered to someone else's home
frown.gif
I have no idea how that happened. How the hell does USPS seriously mistake an Australian address for an American one? Either USPS stuffed up or the ebay guy has scammed me :| I sent him a message 24 hours ago and still no reply. If no reply within the next 24 hours, I am opening a dispute with PayPal
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #9 of 11
Good idea
biggrin.gif
I am going to the Post Office today just to see if they can be any help at all. After that, I am opening up a dispute. God I hate doing this. I was scammed 6 times in a row once...ALL were supposed to be my birthday presents
frown.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #11 of 11
This always happens. I finally decide on what I want and buy it, then something goes wrong and I need to open up a dispute in PayPal. Maybe the seller posted multiple items on one day and gave me the incorrect tracking number? He hasn't responded for 30 hours though. If no response tomorrow morning, I am going to open up a dispute.

Thanks everyone for the support thus far
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back