anyone else have a bad new years?
Jan 3, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #32 of 44
I had a bad cold and a huge backlog of sermon editing to do, which I'm still not done with... (There were a whole bunch of them, one after another, starting with Christmas Eve, which had two of them, because it was on a sunday...) but really, I never do anything on that day anyway, because it is just another day to me, and the new year is just another year.

Jan 3, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, i spent the month of december very sick, and on new year's eve the wife asked for a divorce.

so yeah, pretty bad.

we have a winner I believe.

sorry about that.

I had a boring one we couldn't find old dicky clark on the tube. why? b/c we're all "special" here in roanoke.

Jan 3, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we have a winner I believe.

sorry about that.

I had a boring one we couldn't find old dicky clark on the tube. why? b/c we're all "special" here in roanoke.

thanks, man. that was a rough day.

Jan 3, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, i spent the month of december very sick, and on new year's eve the wife asked for a divorce.

so yeah, pretty bad.

I agree -- you might be the winner...errrr...loser.....errrr......whatever.

Just now getting going on my [second] divorce (using a mediator this time around). It sucks so hard -- emotionally, financially, even physically (nervous stomach, hives, headaches, etc).

Here's hoping that you (and I) have better luck in 2007!

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree -- you might be the winner...errrr...loser.....errrr......whatever.

Just now getting going on my [second] divorce (using a mediator this time around). It sucks so hard -- emotionally, financially, even physically (nervous stomach, hives, headaches, etc).

Here's hoping that you (and I) have better luck in 2007!

i keep my pepto bismol on tap right now.

flirted with a cute waitress today, that was fun.

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #37 of 44
Well, I ended up spending my 1st of January traveling (other than the brief party on the eve). I was in airports and airplanes from 9 AM till 6 AM the next day (had to camp at my final airport since I missed the last bus home, thank you delayed flights)... now that's what I call a bad new years.

Jan 5, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

My worst New Year's was getting stuck with a friend who had recently bought into the Amway thing and was pretty excited about it. I just let him keep talking about the program while I plowed through a 12 pack.

LOL. About 25 years ago I had the hots for an attractive female dentist I'd met. She had recently become involved in Amway through a group of fellow dentists who thought they had some special twist to the program figured out .... one that didn't involve them actually selling any product ... just working hard to build the pyramid under them. So I wound up attending some meetings and even a couple of large conventions with her. It was rough being in a huge hotel convention room listening to people jumping around on stage crowing about Winnebegos and Cadillacs, when all I could do was sit there thinking about getting her back to our hotel room. The things we do for love. (or maybe " lust " is a better word)

Quote:

on new year's eve the wife asked for a divorce

Sorry to hear that. My ex had enough compassion to at least wait until Jan. 7, as soon as I'd returned from a winter CES .

My New Year was OK this year. Spent most of the evening with old friends watching concert DVDs.

Jan 5, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #40 of 44
Nothing terrible about being a potato couch. I did that too and as well had a full blast of a week (piled-up work from the additional weekends, summer uni classes after work, various other stuff to do), leaving me with no time for rest nor enough sleep. Yet, I did not find it bad at all (I had a great 12 hours sleep just now
smily_headphones1.gif
).

I certainly wouldn't trade places with my (then) manager. He was, without notice, made redundant on the second day of returning to work and never to return from that hour on. All that after telling all of us how he greatly enjoyed his new year celebration and hopes for the best this year...

Jan 6, 2007 at 8:42 AM Post #42 of 44
i didn't have a terribly exciting new years. the gf was in taiwan visiting her parents so i spent new years with some buddies. started the evening at a dive bar and then went to gordon biersch for dinner. afterwards we went to a local bar in saratoga. i stayed long enough for the count down and was at home by 1am. not too exciting but i guess not too boring either.

sorry to hear about december redshifter.

Jan 7, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #44 of 44
I was sick and went to bed at 9 pm. My gf just moved to Toronto so didn't get to celebrate it with her. So I went to bed at 9 and woke up at 8 am still feeling sick. That's a pretty crappy New Year. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back