Anyone else experiencing a cracking/snapping sound from their HD650s?
Jan 21, 2012 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hipjazzop

New Head-Fier
I noticed this in the first few hours when I got them.
Maybe one time out of 10 when I put them on there is something that cracks/snaps and makes quite a loud sound on the left side.
I can't put a finger on where exactly the sound is coming from or what it is. But now I have to be very careful all the time which is pretty annoying. 

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It definitely only happens on the left side. 

Should I just return them?

Such a shame, these headphones sound absolutely amazing!

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 7
I remember hearing a slight cracking noise from the plastic contruction of my HD600 whenever i stretched the headband, nothing to worry about really. I've seen/heard worse constructions.

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for letting me know.

But since I can just exchange them I'm gonna do that and if the second pair I get are the same I'll have to live with it.

But at the moment it feels like they are going to break whenever I put them on my head. They probably wouldn't break even if I treated them really badly but it doesn't feel right.

Quote:
I remember hearing a slight cracking noise from the plastic contruction of my HD600 whenever i stretched the headband, nothing to worry about really. I've seen/heard worse constructions.

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #6 of 7
I had the same problem. I exchanged them and the new ones don't make that sound anymore. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #7 of 7
Nevermind, a week later they started making that same sound. I find it VERY odd that both my pairs have had that problem but only one other person has experienced it. 

This time I was extremely careful, thinking maybe I might have caused the problem in some way, but I still managed to get it to make that sound when putting them on. It doesn't happen all the time though and I think it happens mostly when the headband is stretched out, I don't know how to explain but you know you can change the "size" of the headphones to fit on your head and when they are only a few steps "open" it doesn't make the sound but when I have them where I want them to be it happens again. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back