anyone else enjoying the new Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat?
Jun 1, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 8
Yes, I do enjoy the voice. The music, though, seems too fake and empty. An image of what country used to be like, I suppose. It's like a hip urban couple stepping out of their VW at the farm for the day. Atleast, that's from my first play-through. Maybe I am just missing the pop-rock of her previous life
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 8
No, not really. I've been too busy watching Jenny in the 1989 film The Wizard

1012fred113gl.jpg

"I love the Power Glove. It's so bad."

tongue.gif

Seriously, the album is pretty good. I like "The Big Guns" and the Traveling Wilburys cover has some charm. This is not quite up there with RK's The Execution of All Things though.

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 8
It's amazing, but the sibilance on her vocals is driving me nuts, I have the 160kbps version downloaded from the official website a year ago, I hope buying the CD will fix it!

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #5 of 8
i really enjoied it. one of the best i've heard in '06. The Watson Twins' mini-album is also worth a listen to. chek it out.

I wonder if a new Rilo Kiley album will be coming out...

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #7 of 8
I REALLY like about half the album, but some of the songs are just plain annoying. What I like best is the beautiful sense of melody, although the lyrics are usually pretty weak at points. here's my take:

AWESOME: Big Guns, Rise Up With Fists, Melt Your Heart (A little too emo, but I like the melodies) You Are What You Love,

The rest of the album, like the traveling willburys cover don't really give me anything.

I've been looking at Rilo Kiley, the songs I've heard like "Does He Love You" have those beautiful little melodies so I think I'll check out a couple of their albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back