Anyone compare the ER-4p/s to UE Triple.fi 10?
Feb 3, 2007 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sonic32

500+ Head-Fier
I have been looking for information on the Triple.fi, but it's pretty hard to find. Someone said it was like an ER-4 with more bass. The ety bass is very deep indeed but is recessed, can't imagine the triple.fi going any deeper, but may have more pronounced bass. Love to hear any comments from owners who have compared them to the ER-4.

Feb 3, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 6
Just got my TF10's yesterday - going to do comparo over the weekend with my ER4P's! So far, that impression is right - it feels like an ER4 with more bass.

biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 6
I'm still in the process of getting used to the Triple.fi 10s... I'd heard they required 20-ish hours of break-in, and I've only had them for 3 days, so I'm still in the process. I've been alternating between listening to them myself and using a program I wrote which hits them with a combination of white noise and a sliding frequency scale at ~60% full volume.

My impression thus far has been pretty positive, with two complaints. 1) they don't sound very good at low volumes, unlike my ER-4P phones (which sound the same all the way down to 0 volume on my 5G iPod), and 2) the sound isolation is nowhere near as good as the Etymotics.

On the other hand, the bass is beautiful without being too bloated, and the highs are very sharp. Instrument separation is really good. There may still be a slight dip in the mids, but I've heard that that goes away with use. I'll do a full test evaluation at the end of this weekend, after they're out of any possible burn-in stage.

Feb 4, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trager /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My impression thus far has been pretty positive, with two complaints. 1) they don't sound very good at low volumes, unlike my ER-4P phones (which sound the same all the way down to 0 volume on my 5G iPod.

This comment worries me a bit. I tend to listen at lower volumes, and your not the first person to mention this either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back