Anyone changed back to iTunes 10.7 from iTunes 11?
Mar 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
After trying iTunes 11 for awhile I decided to go back to 10.7. It seems with any new change of program it takes a while to get used to it. But even after going into the learning curve, changes should always be for the better?

After trying out iTunes 11, I have to say that 10.7 was better for me. Anyone else?

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 8

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1498777

On Windows 7 you have to go to My Music and find the iTunes file and manually erase it to go back and use 10.7 from iTunes 11. This still needs to be done even if iTunes 11 has already been removed from programs. This file remains which will not let you use 10.7 at first after removing iTunes 11.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 8
After trying iTunes 11 for awhile I decided to go back to 10.7. It seems with any new change of program it takes a while to get used to it. But even after going into the learning curve, changes should always be for the better?

After trying out iTunes 11, I have to say that 10.7 was better for me. Anyone else?

I like the Album view in iTunes 11. But I HATE the Artist view.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
I like the Album view in iTunes 11. But I HATE the Artist view.

Personally I prefer the song view but iTunes 11 seems pretty insistent that I use the album view as it continues to swap back.

Between that and the removal of the album artwork from the column browser I'm definitely tempted to switch back.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 8
Nah, I wouldn't know how to do that on a mac and apple would probably be pretty insistent on keeping me a convert to itunes11, either by making it hard to revert or constantly sending me updates.  I only use it for listening and transferring files to my ipod, and not organizing my music library.  That keeps the hassle down a bit.

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Nah, I wouldn't know how to do that on a mac and apple would probably be pretty insistent on keeping me a convert to itunes11, either by making it hard to revert or constantly sending me updates.  I only use it for listening and transferring files to my ipod, and not organizing my music library.  That keeps the hassle down a bit.

If you don't use it that much then it may be fine. The macrumors forum at the top of this page has some stories of trying to switch back on the Mac. One guy reloaded his Snowleopard lol.

It is not that hard to switch back with windows. You do have to find the file in My Music manually and delete it then put in iTunes 10.7 fresh again, then your fine.

I had some funny issues like the edges not matching up perfect. I really never liked the new interface and the options. The bold print was nice and I guess people like the high-rez play back. I only use iTunes to load Ipods and listen once in a while. I use Foobar most of the time for PC playback. Foobar plays all the High-Rez perfect. Plus they took away the visualizer. There was also areas where I felt it was striped down and actually gave out less info. It almost looked like they made it more simple. I will be happy with 10.7 forever!

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #7 of 8
I couldnt bring myself to leave 10.7 on my music server. I played around with 11 on another computer but didnt like the changes.

Mar 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #8 of 8
My mac was part of the recall due to the western digital disk failure. The last time machine backup I had taken was about an hour before I installed 11. I know keep rejecting the invitations to upgrade and it means I can't allow apple to automatically install updates but it's a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back