Anyone catch the Rockies-Padres game?
Oct 2, 2007 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BassheadJazz

100+ Head-Fier
What a great game, I'm happy that the Rox won-- they make for an interesting match up against the Phillies. This should also seal the deal for Holliday winning the MVP (unless of course Rollins wins it).

Oct 2, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #2 of 9
amazing game! holliday was out at home, though. still, atkins should have been awarded a HR instead of the double so i don't feel too bad for the padres.

the phillies/rockies series is going to be amazing...both teams are riding huge streaks and huge momentum into the playoffs. it's too bad that one of them has to lose.

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassheadJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This should also seal the deal for Holliday winning the MVP (unless of course Rollins wins it).

Rollins was HUGE in the Phils' last game. It's hard to make a case against either Holliday or Rollins for MVP, but I favor Rollins because I watched him carry the team the entire season.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 9
FINALLY! It's been 12 years since the Rocks have been in the postseason. I thought for sure they lost it when SD went up 8 - 6 in the top of the 13th. Well, at least one Colorado team will make it to the playoffs this year.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #5 of 9
Ikm not a huge fan of either team but was rooting for the Rockies to win. I watched it all and then come the 13th, I turned it off after the top half, pissed that Mr.Wildman allowed two runs. Off to bed I went, and then wokeup to a 9-8 win, I am mad I didn't stay up.

Now I know not to do that anymore come the playoff matchups

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 9
That was a great game. I tuned in around the 10th or so.

I think Holliday was out at the plate too. I'd be pissed if I were a SD fan, but so it goes. The way the Rocks were smashing the ball against Hoffman, they would've scored eventually anyway. Nice way for Holliday to redeem himself after blowing that fly ball in the 8th.

Rocks/Phils should be a fun series to watch. Lots of scoring with the band boxes these teams play in. I'll be rooting for the Rockies, mostly because they're the underdog and it's a nice story. Okay, so there's also some bias against the Phils since they beat my Mets.
tongue.gif
(They deserve it though. We played like garbage.)

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #7 of 9
Watched the whole thing, awesome game. There's no way to tell if Holliday was out at the plate or not, the catcher's (Barrett?) foot also slid back with Holliday's hand. Am I the only one who thinks that the Phils/Rockies DS is going to break offensive records?

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blockman86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watched the whole thing, awesome game. There's no way to tell if Holliday was out at the plate or not, the catcher's (Barrett?) foot also slid back with Holliday's hand. Am I the only one who thinks that the Phils/Rockies DS is going to break offensive records?

I'm pretty sure Holliday was out, but hey, I wasn't the ump. I'm almost certain this series will break all kinds of records and it should be a lot of fun. I'm sort of rooting for the Rockies (I've liked them since the mid-90's) but I wouldn't mind seeing the Phils win either, as I'm a fan of a lot of their players, most notably ex-Soxer Aaron Rowand. I'm just afraid the ratings won't be so great for this series especially compared to the Cubbies and D-Backs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back