Anyone auditioned new Bose OE?
Dec 7, 2006 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

moonsurf

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone auditioned new Bose OE (On Ear)?
I know Bose is not a favorite manufacture in our community, however I read few really good reviews on those cans. Still, being a newbie myself, I wonder what a true audiophile of among Head-fi has to say about those cans (only who has actually tried them). For those who are not familiar with Bose OE, they have very small cans just enough to cover the ears and as usual very expensive at $179. I am mainly interested in those because they happen to be the perfect ideal size I was looking for and seems to provide some, but not a lot, of isolation, which is also what I was looking for.

No trash talk on Bose please! But for whom have tried OE, I would thank you in advance for your feedback. I read very good reviews on Bose IE among Head-Fi and happen to wonder if Bose really is getting better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senn 555, 280pro ---> my next cans will be MS-1

Dec 7, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 10
Actually, when I was at Target, I thought I'd try out the Bose Triports. They had both the originals and OEs on display (on setup that Bose gave them). The Triports didn't sound too bad actually, but the OEs seemed awefully bad! No bass or treble extension....cold and distant. $30 earphones sounded better.

Dec 7, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #4 of 10
+1...I compared them back to back and YUCK on both counts.

Dec 7, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 10
I also auditioned the Triports and OEs side by side in a Target. OEs sounded much worse than the Triports, that's for sure. No isolation at all and totally lifeless sound. I'm not sure why anybody would ever buy these.

Dec 7, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 10
yep....any cheap Sony or Koss will have better detail then those triport OEs. Huge investment to avoid them and just get some KSC75s
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back