Anyone anxious for Mario Kart?
Apr 27, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #31 of 35
I've just beaten every cup on 50cc, and played ~50 WFC matches, time to move onto 100cc. (Gotta go in order) My friend code is:
4038-6396-8582.

Post yours and I'll add you!

Apr 28, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're a snaker? You're the people I hated playing against on MarioKart DS. Seriously, it's exploiting the boost system. I'm really glad they took it out, because if you were playing against a snaker you almost _had_ to wear out your d-pad.

I understand where you are coming from. When I first played someone that was snaking online, I was like What haxors. Then i learned about it but never really bothered to master it because like you said, it killled my thumb. I rarely played online on DS anyways because I thought the whole online system was really poorly implemented and it was just frustrating to have to wait so long to get a game going. Most of the people i played with were casual players so I didn't really need to learn. It was not until I started living with my roommates who are hardcore gamer and they all sat down one night just trying to master snaking. After that, I was pretty much forced to learn to keep up with them and plus i used to be really hardcore mario kart 64 player way back when.

Anyways, regarding your statement above, i don't agree with you that it's an exploit. It was built into the game and being able to do it well doens't make it an exploit. It's not some button mashing that takes no skill either. Snaking takes lot of skills (to do it well of course) and its what separates casual players and competitive ones. For casual gamers, i find that it's the weapons you get in the last round that determine who wins, not your skills. Chances are that whoever that was in 3rd - 4th place at the beginning of the last round who ends up winning because they get a red shell or something. I find that without snaking there isn't much difference in someone that's been playing for months and someone that just started. Just like what you said about smash bros, it lessens the randomness factor when you get good at it. However, I do understand your frustrations tho because I was there before.

Anyways enough about snaking, I had some questions about mario kart wii. How is the online play? I really hated the online play on the ds and was wondering if it's any better. Also how's the availability? Are you guys using the wheel?

My gf has my Wii in toronto right now so I can't play it until the weekend
frown.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #33 of 35
The online play is great. I've played over 50 races on WFC and not had a single lag problem. I'm currently using the wheel for karts, and nunchuk for the bikes (easier to wheelie). I'm sure there will be tonnes of copies wherever you go, just like GTA4. They know it's going to be stupidly popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back