Anyone able to ID these headphones aziz ansari uses?
Sep 2, 2020 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jerrod

Head-Fier
He seems to know quite a bit about photography and audio and I do enjoy watching him xD Notice he has so much money, but he still uses a dongle for wired headphones rather than trying to flex the latest bose headphones or apple earpods!

Any idea what they are? Are they good?

Attachments

• 0915-AzizAnsari.jpg
    0915-AzizAnsari.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Serena_Campbell_3.jpg
    Serena_Campbell_3.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 2, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 6
Pretty sure they are B&O H6s.

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #3 of 6
They're not the H6s, the cable on the H6 is angled. Also, these have a USB port, so they're clearly powered headphones. These look like the B&O H7 or H9

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 6
They're not the H6s, the cable on the H6 is angled. Also, these have a USB port, so they're clearly powered headphones. These look like the B&O H7 or H9

makes sense, so from what I see these headphones are actually bluetooth, and he is using them with a 3.5mm cable? So does a bluetooth headphone sound better if you use a 3.5mm cable or would it sound the same as if you used it through bluetooth ?

Sep 3, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 6
makes sense, so from what I see these headphones are actually bluetooth, and he is using them with a 3.5mm cable? So does a bluetooth headphone sound better if you use a 3.5mm cable or would it sound the same as if you used it through bluetooth ?

Depends on the headphone. Some bluetooth headphones use DSP correction to improve the sound signature and using a 3.5mm cable would probably bypass that. So it's possible they would actually sound worse, but I haven't tested these specific headphones.

Also what does headfi think of B&O cans overall? Do you guys rate them? Did Aziz do right by you?

I haven't heard any of their bluetooth headphones, but they generally have a good reputation and I owned the H6s for a while and thought they were good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back