Anybody watching the snooker?
Dec 15, 2007 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stewtheking

Headphoneus Supremus
I have just finished watching the 2nd semi-final. Selby Vs. O'Sullivan, and it was an ABSOLUTE CORKER!!!!!

Selby imperious early on, and O'Sullivan fighting to hold him off, then Selby's game failing him a bit and O'Sullivan sneaking back to level. Gets to 7-all (best of 17) so essentially a best of three. They share the next two and it's all down to the final frame.

So, what does the rocket do? Just walks up, cool as a cucumber, and without batting an eyelid, knocks in an absolute pearler of a 147. Utterly magical.

Roll on the final tomorrow. It's going to be an absolute classic.

Dec 15, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 6
I just had another watch of that maximum, on the tv replays. 7 minutes 53 seconds of absolute, pure class. Not once looking even slightly wobbly. That's truly the most unbelievable display I have ever seen.

Dec 16, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 6
He looked a lot more contemplative and deliberately rather than naturally in focus compared to when he is at his best. But when Ronnie is at his best, he is simply the best snooker player on the planet. His trouble has always, always been an inability to pace.

Still it was a spectacular comeback and that 147 was beautiful. He played some more impressive individual shots in the afternoon session though.

Dec 16, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He looked a lot more contemplative and deliberately rather than naturally in focus compared to when he is at his best. But when Ronnie is at his best, he is simply the best snooker player on the planet. His trouble has always, always been an inability to pace.

Still it was a spectacular comeback and that 147 was beautiful. He played some more impressive individual shots in the afternoon session though.

I couldn't agree more. But the fact that that concentrated, contemplative, deliberate play, when otherwise he would be totally adrift has essentially given him a "b" game, makes him terrifyingly dangerous. It means he has something to work with when he is not on flying form.

Dec 16, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 6
Wow. Well that was a ridiculous session of snooker. Okay Ronnie was nowhere near his best, but managed to keep Maguire from getting any sort of real foothold.

Maguire has effectively collapsed, and is offering no resistance to the charge of O'Sullivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back