Anybody want to post pics of their portable setup?
Jul 6, 2001 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Neruda

Banned Moderator
Come on, I'm sure there are some beautiful portable rigs out their begging to be photographed and oggled at!
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2001 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 40
How come, I have the growing suspicion, that you'll soon suggest a contest for the ugliest self-made headphone amp over in DIY?
wink.gif
Does the winner get a new case?
smily_headphones1.gif

Grinnigs from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: My setup is boring, anyway - just imagine either a beyerdynamic DT531 or Sennheiser MX500 connected to a Panasonic SL-CT570 (cd, blue), Sony MZ-R70 (md, black), Sony WM-D6C (cc, black, huge, impressive) or an Aiwa HS-PC202MIII (cc, black, small - and quite rare: a fairly cheap, good walkman with dolby c). And I think I still have the Sony WM-DC2 somewhere - I never liked this walkman: Sony recorders/players always seemed to develop an extraordinary appetite for my tapes...
wink.gif
And I could make a salad of useless stock earbuds, too...

Jul 6, 2001 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 40
ehm, well, I think I could post a few pics, but how interresting is a Senn mx500 connected to a Sharp MD-SR50?

Jul 6, 2001 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 40
braver: Ah, now I fully undestand his cunning plan! In fact Neruda is hoping for photos of setups _and_ owners - to be giggled at (Or about? Or over? Now this is, where English is really difficult!)...
wink.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jul 6, 2001 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 40
*grabs dictionary*

"oggled" is with only one G, Ner
smily_headphones1.gif

And Ner isn't going to giggle at any portable set-up, his is far inferior to mine mwuahahaha!!
biggrin.gif
j/k

I think he wants some shots like TimD's Pana+JMT-amp+Ety portable set-up.

C'mon people, post some drool-worthy portable stuff!!

Jul 6, 2001 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 40
okay, you know what pal? I'm gunna delete this thread! Nothing but bad memories....
frown.gif

Jul 6, 2001 at 11:32 PM Post #8 of 40
Um, here's mine... well not mine but I do have them... (too lazy to get out the camcorder to set it up as a video cam... must get digi camera one of these days...)

d-ej815.gif

um, minus the black thing that looks like a headphone

and

mdr-ex70lp.gif

impressive, ain't it?

Oh, yeah, almost forgot...

The portable MG Head!
MGport.jpg

Jul 6, 2001 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 40
no, Ner, I want ot see those awesome portables! I didn't mean any harm, nor did lini I'm sure. there must be something awesome portable set-up out there. I want to see some stunning DIY amps too!!

Jul 6, 2001 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 40
my stuff:

SR50_1.gif

mx500.jpg

got 22 TDK red md's to go with it (all cd's I bought since january), all labeled with a miniature of the original album cover. took me two days, but looks real spiffy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2001 at 3:17 AM Post #14 of 40
Ok, after some rummaging through my drawers and fighting the elements (cam, notebook, old pc with defect disk drive...), I finally managed to produce a photo - here it is. I'm not sure whether it will be automagically embedded, though.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back