TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
Go get them
tongue.gif

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...031274-8514567

Just...have a really big credit card ready
blink.gif

Nov 24, 2006 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 56
I stood in line for 12 hours the day it was released and got one for retail price.

Those prices are nuts!
blink.gif
I hope they don't sell.

Nov 24, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 56
What is Wii's retail?

Nov 24, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #10 of 56
Showed up at Toys R Us this morning hoping to score a GBMicro. Got lucky and was greeted by a manager handing out tickets to people that wanted Wii's. Yay!

Nov 25, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #13 of 56
You know what's kind of funny... I brought my Wii to my girlfriend's house for Thanksgiving, and her parents absolutely LOVED it. We played the Wii sports games for nearly 5 hours.

Today they were doing their traditional Black Friday Christmas shopping, and actually FOUND one at Toys R' Us. One of the last in stock, apparently from the Black Friday shipment many stores got.

After much hemming and hawwing, they ended up not buying it. Amazing that they'd come so close though, and actually found one!

Nov 25, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #14 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know what's kind of funny... I brought my Wii to my girlfriend's house for Thanksgiving, and her parents absolutely LOVED it. We played the Wii sports games for nearly 5 hours.

Today they were doing their traditional Black Friday Christmas shopping, and actually FOUND one at Toys R' Us. One of the last in stock, apparently from the Black Friday shipment many stores got.

After much hemming and hawwing, they ended up not buying it. Amazing that they'd come so close though, and actually found one!

I guess the innovation is working.
smily_headphones1.gif

Banana Blitz and Twilight Princess are both EXCELLENT games.

Nov 25, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #15 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess the innovation is working.
smily_headphones1.gif

Banana Blitz and Twilight Princess are both EXCELLENT games.

Yeah, they absolutely loved Wii Sports. To the point that they're considering picking up the unit just for that game... most likely why Nintendo's packaging it with the systems.

Honestly? Playing is believing with it. Yep, some cynical gamers won't go for it, but I don't really think they're able to see the common consumer's point of view. These are people who take one look at a traditional controller and just immediately have a reaction of "I can't play that." They know there's a learning curve and that they're not going to be able to play and have fun with games like Soul Calibur... but hey, my Girlfriend's dad loves golf, and he was totally able to pick up and play against me. Heck, we even tied score at the end of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back