Anybody used USPS to ship their headphones?
Apr 22, 2006 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
something is a bit weird...I live in ny,ny but they shipped my phones to somewhere in NJ yesterday and now they went to PA( philly). This doesnt make any sense since NY is closes to NJ than PA.

I cant seem to find their number where I can talk to real people. Their system is just a automated person the whole time. Its rather strange...

Apr 22, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
something is a bit weird...I live in ny,ny but they shipped my phones to somewhere in NJ yesterday and now they went to PA( philly). This doesnt make any sense since NY is closes to NJ than PA.

I cant seem to find their number where I can talk to real people. Their system is just a automated person the whole time. Its rather strange...

That happened to me once, though it was UPS. They ended up shipping my package from the midwest to the east coast...then it sat for a day, then the rescheduled my delivery and it finally made it to the west coast about 4 days later than the original estimated delivery day.

It happens I guess...but it SUCKS.

Apr 22, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 16
I know sometimes they do this because they need to send them to one of their main braches to get it to the right place. Like me with UPS or Fedex they have them stop at a main facility father away then the smaller branch close to my house.

BTW what shipping method did you use? Parcel or Priority?

I have had weird thing like this happen to me too. But with USPS I always get it really quick. Faster then UPS or Fedex most of the time.

Apr 22, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 16
This happens with all postal services.

It depends on what day you send it, actually. Somedays, they go straight to the destination, as other days, they take some detours.

That's why sometimes, normal postal service (standard) can be just as fast as an express service.

Apr 22, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 16
im not really sure, its free shipping from buy.com..

if somebody can tell me their phones, I would like to talk to somebody in USPS..so far, its only been automated machines thats driving me in circles

Apr 22, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 16
then its parcel post. It makes no sense really, but they have no obligation to get it you in the shortest amount of time. If you were to say of gotten Priority then they pretty much make sure you get it in 2-3 days.

Quote:

if somebody can tell me their phones, I would like to talk to somebody in USPS..so far, its only been automated machines thats driving me in circles

good luck. Your best bet is to try calling your local office. I have found them to be most helpful in most situations. I still can't use my online post office account because of something they messed up 6 months ago.

Apr 22, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 16
It's normal. On a similar note, I had a friend who had to fly from Colorado to New York, and he had to change planes in Dallas, Texas.
confused.gif

Apr 22, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

First, you're asking a government run organization to operate based on logic. It costs the same amount of money to send a package to your next-door neighbor as it does to Alaska or Hawaii. And second, what's the fastest way to get from the NJ turnpike to the Merritt parkway? Would you drive on a straight as-the-crow-flies path through Manhattan? The shortest route is not always the fastest.

Apr 23, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
First, you're asking a government run organization to operate based on logic. It costs the same amount of money to send a package to your next-door neighbor as it does to Alaska or Hawaii. And second, what's the fastest way to get from the NJ turnpike to the Merritt parkway? Would you drive on a straight as-the-crow-flies path through Manhattan? The shortest route is not always the fastest.

What he said.

Apr 23, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
That happened to me once, though it was UPS. They ended up shipping my package from the midwest to the east coast...then it sat for a day, then the rescheduled my delivery and it finally made it to the west coast about 4 days later than the original estimated delivery day.

It happens I guess...but it SUCKS.

UPS has given me all kinds of trouble, in two different states, time and time again.

Somebody at UPS has it out for me
icon10.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #14 of 16
intersting fact about the various shipping services:
MOST use a "hub and spoke" sorting system. it is often more efficent to have one VERY fast "sorting hub" and many distribution centers (also capiable of sorting typpically, but slower) than to make each individual distribution center faster.

for "slower packages, the "hub" can be avoided, and the package travels from spoke to spoke, or throught he hub. many that use a faster system will ALWAYS use the "hub."

incidentally, i have (knock on wood) not had any problems with the usps, where ups has lost a few packages due for delivry to me, and destroyed a couple more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back