Anybody use ASIO through a Waveterminal U24?!? HELLLP!!!
Oct 15, 2005 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

IronLion

100+ Head-Fier
I am using a Waveterminal U24 and for some reason I can't get ASIO working through it using Foobar. Everytime I try to play a song with ASIO selected in the output menu, I get this error:

INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://H:\Music Archive\Blues\BB King\Live At The Regal\B.B. King-Live At The Regal-02-Sweet Little Angel.flac" (0)
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : open : 44100 Hz, LINEAR PCM, 24 bits, 2 channels
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : ASIO device type [channel 0] : Int16LSB
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : ASIO device type [channel 1] : Int16LSB
ERROR (foo_output_asio(dll)) : unsupported output data format.

Now, from what I understand, the solution to this problem is to somehow open up my U24 options and change the output resolutoin from 16 or 24 bit to 32 bit? But for some reason the software and latest drivers that I downloaded from ESI's website for the U24 don't have any options that I can find to change this! Its bizarre because it shows them changing it in the manual that they have up on their website, but for whatever reason the tab menus that they use to change those options don't exist in either the new version I just installed or the old version I had before! I am using Directsound now as the output as it is the only one that works but I really want to get ASIO working. Any U24 users had this problem and can help me out?? PLEASE!!!
confused.gif

Oct 15, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 3
Scratch that- I found some old posts and solved the problem. If anybody else has this problem search for a program called ASIOcaps either as one or two words and download it; this allows you to access the U24 menu that allows you to change the output resolution. I have no idea why ESI doesn't know about this...

Oct 15, 2005 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by IronLion
Scratch that- I found some old posts and solved the problem. If anybody else has this problem search for a program called ASIOcaps either as one or two words and download it; this allows you to access the U24 menu that allows you to change the output resolution. I have no idea why ESI doesn't know about this...

Thanks for the tips.

Previously I accessed the ASIO control panel through Cubase software.

ASIOcaps is a nice little tool indeed.

Get it here --> http://www3.cypress.ne.jp/otachan/ASIOcaps.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back