Anybody try these out? UE5c vs. Westone ES2
Dec 30, 2005 at 6:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wowie11

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a backup pair of custom IEM's...looking at these two or if anybody has any other IEM suggestions at this price point I'm open to it. Anybody, by any chance own these two mid-level custom IEM's?

Dec 30, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #2 of 6
I am also considering the UE5c, as a venture into my first custom IEM, so lets hear some comparisons, or your take on the UE5c, please!
icon10.gif

Dec 30, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #3 of 6
not sure this is someone out there who has good. I hear good things about them so I don't think you are going to loss with either.

Dec 30, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 6
I own both the UE5c and the Westone ES2. Both are good IEMs in their own rights. When I first listened to the UE5c universal fit model, I really found it to be quite good, much better than a lot of the comments I have read about it here on head-fi. I decided I would get the UE10pro and purchase the UE5c later.

Now that I own both, I can say that the UE5c retains the UE signature clarity with a big dose of bass. The UE5c can sound a bit hard edged at times, depending on the recording.

The Westone ES2 has a smoother, darker type of sound presentation that lends itself really well to rock music. The bass is tight and deep without being overdone. The ES2s can really get down and boogie.

Long story short, I spend way more time with the ES2s than I do with the UE5cs. Surprisingly, I rarely pick up the UE5cs, preferring instead to listen to the ES2s.

Dec 30, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead
I own both the UE5c and the Westone ES2. Both are good IEMs in their own rights. When I first listened to the UE5c universal fit model, I really found it to be quite good, much better than a lot of the comments I have read about it here on head-fi. I decided I would get the UE10pro and purchase the UE5c later.

Now that I own both, I can say that the UE5c retains the UE signature clarity with a big dose of bass. The UE5c can sound a bit hard edged at times, depending on the recording.

The Westone ES2 has a smoother, darker type of sound presentation that lends itself really well to rock music. The bass is tight and deep without being overdone. The ES2s can really get down and boogie.

Long story short, I spend way more time with the ES2s than I do with the UE5cs. Surprisingly, I rarely pick up the UE5cs, preferring instead to listen to the ES2s.

So what do you listen to with RS-1s. If you like a dark sound. See I like to have mids when listening to rock. I find the UM2 being dark work better with Trance or club type music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back