Anybody seen this gizmo before?
Oct 31, 2003 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 4
Yup. My mom was crazy about getting one. She thought it looked like a lot of fun, and would be easier than putting on/taking off rollerblades (she rollerblades to work often, and not the stupid 80s type rollerblading - she plays hockey).

She bought a used one from a place that had a 30-day money back guarantee, at somepoint during the summer, and I got to use it a fair amount when I visited. I found it pretty fun when you're going downhill (of course). On flat ground I could get it moving pretty well, but it was very inefficient - I had to work a lot to get it going at a fast walking pace. Up hill was almost impossible. I know how to rollerblade, skateboard, ski, snowboard etc, so the motions were pretty natural. I think I could have improved with it a bit, but not much.

Also, it's huge. I thought it'd be a little bigger than a Razor scooter, but it was massive (~5ft folded).

Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt bought 200 or so for their friends (that's her picture at the bottom of the page).

Oct 31, 2003 at 1:40 AM Post #3 of 4
A sales rep for the triscooter was down here about a year and half ago trying to promote it. He even got on a local tv show with some kids and young adults at a skate park trying to show all the cool tricks that can be done with the triscooter. I guess he was hoping that the item would take off here like how the Razors did. Unfortunately after a year and half only one toy store carries it here and I have only recently seen one adult had actually bought one. It's a neat looking thing but I think because of the cost and the weight of the triscooter many would just rather buy the Razor instead.

Oct 31, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 4
"The Triscooter is an innovative three-wheeled vehicle that takes the best of the popular vehicles of today and combines them into a completely new machine in form, function, and riding experience. It makes it possible for a rider to propel the Triscooter forward without pushing or pedalling, just ROCK AND ROLL."

Music that moves you.

That was a pretty sad joke. forgive me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back