Anybody notice the three little bumps on Sennheiser HD600 and HD650 housings?
Jul 28, 2008 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Bostonears

1000+ Head-Fier
After more than a decade of using Sennheiser HD580s, I recently bought a pair of HD650s, and one of the first things I noticed when I picked up the HD650s to put them on is that at the forward edge of the top of the left housing are three little bumps in the plastic, arranged vertically just in front of the model name badge (click on attached photo to see what I'm talking about).

These bumps are only on the left housing of the HD600 and HD650 (my ancient HD580 didn't have them, but maybe more recent ones do). It only took me a few seconds to realize the bumps were there so that blind people could easily tell left from right, but I have found that they are useful for us sighted folks to put on the cans in the correct orientation without looking.

Anybody else notice and/or use these little bumps?

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 23
braille_alphabet.jpg

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 23
wow thats awesome..

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #7 of 23
Sennheiser never fails to impress...this shows the 'attention to detail'

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser never fails to impress...this shows the 'attention to detail'

Are you serious? Most headphones have this, my Beyer's do and so do most of my cheap headphones.

It's a common practice.

Jul 28, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by shomie911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you serious? Most headphones have this, my Beyer's do and so do most of my cheap headphones.

It's a common practice.

Not sure how common it is. I've got about a dozen pairs of phones around the house, and the new Senns are the only ones with these bumps. They are not on the Grado, Denon, Sony, or Yamaha full-size cans or on any of the earbuds/IEMs I have. Maybe its a new ISO standard so its only appearing on recent designs, or maybe its just a European company thing.

Jul 28, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by shomie911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a common practice.

I come from the Sony world. and am quite new on Head-fi

didnt notice then
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #14 of 23
and the hd555's have them...
biggrin.gif

(think this thread might go forever on)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back