Anybody know about Samson?
Nov 3, 2002 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Davie

1000+ Head-Fier
At Sam Ash, where I just bought my 7506's, most of the phones they had in stock were from a company called Samson. You can reach their web site here. I found a review on line here.

Anybody know anything about these?

Nov 4, 2002 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 7
You get what you pay for, in this case. I've heard the RH300. Though okay (but not great) for $40, the detail from those Samsons is still quite lacking.

My recommendation on the Samsons: Try before you buy.

Jan 24, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You get what you pay for, in this case. I've heard the RH300. Though okay (but not great) for $40, the detail from those Samsons is still quite lacking.

My recommendation on the Samsons: Try before you buy.

Some head-fier suggest me to go Sam Ash for try out headphones there...
Went there yesterday, they have some headphones, not the best.
When I ask for headphone amp there, I was expecting something like headmaster, meier, and some other stuff we talk about here... instead they show me "Samson"... Look complicated, but so cheap.
Like this:
Buy Samson Cque8 Headphone Amplifier At Sam Ash

Then the guy forced me to buy, told him it is not what I want.
and he came "there is nothing better than this, you don't know what you are talking about..."
Took me a while to get rid of him and ran out the store.

The store is nice, just not for Hifi, more like music performer store.

cool.gif

And this message rez up the super thread ...
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #4 of 7
Sam Ash isn't really a music performer store, it's more of a store with people that work there that pretend to know a lot about the instruments they're selling.

Check out Guitar Center. They have some decent headphones and the staff is generally better informed.

Jan 24, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #5 of 7
Samson is the Sam Ash house brand. They push it because they make the widest margin on it.

Jan 29, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sam Ash isn't really a music performer store, it's more of a store with people that work there that pretend to know a lot about the instruments they're selling.

Check out Guitar Center. They have some decent headphones and the staff is generally better informed.

I like how you describe it, it is very true! Very appositeness!!
Exactly! They don't know what they are talking about, but they are acting so cocky. I almost throw my punch to that guys face.
tongue.gif

Ok, I will try Guitar Center soon!

Anywhere else that I can walk in and try some cans on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back