Anybody heard this amp ?
Dec 29, 2009 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

brendon

100+ Head-Fier
Its price has dropped and from its specs its seems to have more power compared to the similarly priced Qinpu A3 which got decent reviews here.

Its on sale now. Anybody took a plunge to try it out ?

Head-Direct.com | YUIN

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 9
I came very close to trying it, but just could pull the trigger without reading any reviews. It does appears to be in a higher class then the A3. Maybe someone else could take one for the team. It is at a good price right now.

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #3 of 9
Hmm, taking a quick glance at your sig I perhaps should inform you that perhaps you have too much audio gear !
smily_headphones1.gif

I am now half tempted to buy this and test it out since I have not seen any poor reviews of tube hybrid amps... yet. And its smaller brother the A3 was reviewed quite favourably by Skylab. So considering it uses the same type of tubes but has higher specs, I would take a chance in saying this could possibly be a better amp at the same price as its cheaper sibling.

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by brendon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, taking a quick glance at your sig I perhaps should inform you that perhaps you have too much audio gear !
smily_headphones1.gif

I am now half tempted to buy this and test it out since I have not seen any poor reviews of tube hybrid amps... yet. And its smaller brother the A3 was reviewed quite favourably by Skylab. So considering it uses the same type of tubes but has higher specs, I would take a chance in saying this could possibly be a better amp at the same price as its cheaper sibling.

Skylab tends to review everthing quite favourably.

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #5 of 9
Skylab reminds me of 6moons.....If it ain't worth reviewing, it ain't gettin' reviewed.

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True ! But look at what sort of stuff he reviews, all $150 and above amps. In this price bracket there are only good and very good amps. You will rarely get something mediocre in this day and age,
o2smile.gif

Also he has a nifty ranking system so you have some sort of idea of how good or bad the amps really are - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...e-amps-402585/

The amp does not score too high in his rankings tbh, but its real price is $169 which is really rock bottom when it comes to tube amps. And it scored better than the similarly priced Hifiman EF2 which is rather well received here by Headphoneaddict.

Considering the newer Qinpu amp has got twice the power, I will bet it sounds even better than the A3, perhaps rivaling the more expensive Darkvoice 336i ???
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't agree with that. I've read reviews of his when he said that the product was not worth the price. I've also read reviews of his when he said that the sound wasn't very good. It's not fair to put a label on someone that isn't true.

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by brendon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah you are probably right. I just sold my sextetts, so I need to update my sig.

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by moodyrn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't agree with that. I've read reviews of his when he said that the product was not worth the price. I've also read reviews of his when he said that the sound wasn't very good. It's not fair to put a label on someone that isn't true.

I will stick with what I said.You are more than welcome to your views as am I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back