Anybody hear any news on the Headamp AE-1 refresh?
Jun 1, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #76 of 108
I'm guessing if Justin gets enough demand for a case that beautiful he'd make that prototype the actual version of the amp.... I really like the look of that amp btw; is the finish durable though?

Jun 1, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #77 of 108
On April 25th:
Quote:

Originally Posted by asdf
and he said that it would be at LEAST one month. He said that no AE-1s are shipping until the new one is ready.

Gah! I'm getting really anxious. I can't wait to see how he's redesigned things. Ohboy ohboy ohboy!

Jun 1, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #78 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis
I'm guessing if Justin gets enough demand for a case that beautiful he'd make that prototype the actual version of the amp.... I really like the look of that amp btw; is the finish durable though?

If you read back through the thread you'll find info on the finish and who did it. My guess is that anodizing work of that nature and complexity would be quite costly and Justin would need to raise the price of the amp to compensate. I wouldn't mind being wrong about that though...
tongue.gif

Jun 1, 2006 at 12:58 PM Post #79 of 108
FYI, the last email I recevied from Justin concerning the AE-1 upgrades was on April 17th. Here's what he wrote:

"It recently came to my attention in a few existing AE-1s that static electricity was entering through the charge LED and blowing out part of the charge circuitry, resulting in the charge LED no longer coming on, however the amp would still charge. I'm working on a fix for this and want to make sure it is fully solved in the upgrades."

I haven't contacted him since. Hopefully we'll all be receiving an email from him soon with instructions on when and how to send our amps in for a refit.

Jun 1, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #80 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Did you ever hear back from him? This is REALLY dragging on and on.
frown.gif

No, he has not gotten back with me.
mad.gif
I guess he must be real busy, not that I am excusing him. He is there because we are here
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #81 of 108
I am not sure but I just checked the Headamp web site and there is a note for Justin taking new orders for the AE-1. Is this old or new? Anyone?

Jun 8, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #82 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
I am not sure but I just checked the Headamp web site and there is a note for Justin taking new orders for the AE-1. Is this old or new? Anyone?

Nope, nothing new. This is from the initial announcement of the AE-1 - old news.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #83 of 108
BTW i emailed Justin few weeks ago with regards to refresh but haven't heard from him. He normally is very responsive , i guess he is busy with builds. The amp as is still awesome as is , so no complaints there and i can wait ...

Jun 9, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #86 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by gajira
I heard AE-1 will be available again in a few weeks from Justin.

I'm not being critical of Justin, but he's basically been saying "any time now" since late last year.
icon10.gif
Things are taking a lot longer than he anticipated.

Jun 10, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #87 of 108
That amp design by rixtrix really is nice! Very nice work.
Can't wait to see what the new one looks like.

Jun 19, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #88 of 108
i also emailed justin last week and still haven't gotten a response. don't tell me we need to wait till x'mas...
mad.gif

is he still accepting orders for the AE-1? i basically asked him what the ordering status is since on his website, it said to contact him when ordering the AE-1. so that's what i did. i didn't nag about the refresh since he probably already got a million emails on it... but even with a customer question, he's not replying.
confused.gif
i hope he's working hard on that AE-1 revision!!

Jun 19, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #89 of 108
I am sending my AE-1 in for him to look at and he said he will keep it and update it. No idea when that will be but at least I can contact him.

Jun 20, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #90 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I am sending my AE-1 in for him to look at and he said he will keep it and update it. No idea when that will be but at least I can contact him.

How did you contact Justin? Email or phone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back