Anybody have the Koss ksc-55?? Never hear about it...
Jan 5, 2006 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
I must buy something for jogging.
I hear its a 50/50 shot on whether you will be in pain or not.
Share your impressions/experience please?

Jan 5, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 10
In terms of sound quality, I've heard they are very similar to the KSC-35.

In terms of comfort, they look pretty harsh on the top of your ears. I used to have the Sony behind the ear headphones, and they were painful after a while, and they had those rubber guards. It looks like these just have hard plastic.

Jan 5, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 10
Both KSC55 and KSC75 produce the exact same sound (including bass). But the fit and the way the phones rest against the ear determine how much of that bass you hear. According to my own experience, they are about the same, with the KSC75 obviously being pressed harder against the ear to produce more bass.

I did a few test runs with the KSC55 and boy do these have serious bass slam. I tried a few Bass Mekanik tracks. The bass that these produce is phenomenal. The KSC55 is a MUCH better phone than any other headband style phone that I've ever tried out and that is no joke.

While some may argue why the KSC75 is better than the 55, I'd say it all depends on what style you want the phone in. They are exactly the same phone, as use the same drivers. What is different is how those drivers rest against the ear. I prefer the KSC55 as I don't like to fumble around with earclips. The bass is the same on either of these.

Jan 5, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamind
Both KSC55 and KSC75 produce the exact same sound (including bass). But the fit and the way the phones rest against the ear determine how much of that bass you hear. According to my own experience, they are about the same, with the KSC75 obviously being pressed harder against the ear to produce more bass.

I did a few test runs with the KSC55 and boy do these have serious bass slam. I tried a few Bass Mekanik tracks. The bass that these produce is phenomenal. The KSC55 is a MUCH better phone than any other headband style phone that I've ever tried out and that is no joke.

While some may argue why the KSC75 is better than the 55, I'd say it all depends on what style you want the phone in. They are exactly the same phone, as use the same drivers. What is different is how those drivers rest against the ear. I prefer the KSC55 as I don't like to fumble around with earclips. The bass is the same on either of these.

thanx for that writeup...you have no issues with comfort?
ive heard so many people complain about how they dig into their temples and the tops of their ears.

Jan 5, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #6 of 10
KSC55 is generally a very tight squeeze on the head. The band presses pretty hard against the area above the ears. Despite that, I enjoy using them more than most headphones on the go. The sound is bass heavy, and a bit lacking in overall separation and clarity, but it has a full sound that gives it an edge. In an environment where you can't hear them clearly, the lack of clarity is not an issue, and the excess bass allows you to continue to hear your music enough to know where it's at. Heartily suggested for loud rock music, rap/hip hop, techno, etc. Anything where the energy of the sound is more important than the clarity of it. Word of warning though: this range of Koss headphones are not the best built, and I have had problems with multiple pairs where over a few months, the headphone cable snaps and/or the band snaps by accident or in an attempt to help bend the earphones outward to put less pressure on my head.

Jan 5, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLP
KSC55 is generally a very tight squeeze on the head. The band presses pretty hard against the area above the ears. Despite that, I enjoy using them more than most headphones on the go. The sound is bass heavy, and a bit lacking in overall separation and clarity, but it has a full sound that gives it an edge. In an environment where you can't hear them clearly, the lack of clarity is not an issue, and the excess bass allows you to continue to hear your music enough to know where it's at. Heartily suggested for loud rock music, rap/hip hop, techno, etc. Anything where the energy of the sound is more important than the clarity of it. Word of warning though: this range of Koss headphones are not the best built, and I have had problems with multiple pairs where over a few months, the headphone cable snaps and/or the band snaps by accident or in an attempt to help bend the earphones outward to put less pressure on my head.

these would be used primarily for jogging.
would these or the 75/35's be better for me?
so theyre tight-but ur saying thats not a problem for you?

Jan 5, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #8 of 10
I wouldn't recommend them for jogging :|.
In-ear headphones would be much more comfortable.

I own a pair of ksc50's, and i ended up breaking off the bendable thingies, so i just wear them as is. It's pretty hard to run in them though :p, enough for walking <

Jan 5, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by li0n
I wouldn't recommend them for jogging :|.
In-ear headphones would be much more comfortable.

I own a pair of ksc50's, and i ended up breaking off the bendable thingies, so i just wear them as is. It's pretty hard to run in them though :p, enough for walking <

really?
now im confused b/c I heard they were great for running...and, I heard IEMS were terrible for running because you could hear your heart beating in your head!
And, that they were dangerous due to too much isolation.
Can someone whose owned both clear this up?

Jan 6, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
these would be used primarily for jogging.
would these or the 75/35's be better for me?
so theyre tight-but ur saying thats not a problem for you?

I got used to the fit. Occasionally it does hurt again, most of the time no. As for them versus KSC35/KSC75, haven't owned the KSC75, owned the KSC35 for a while, and I'd say they are better if only because they will stay in place better from what I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back