Anybody have problems with the P-51 Mustang amp?
Aug 6, 2009 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Serafim

New Head-Fier
Its not a huge problem, but sometimes when i leave it on burn-in and today as i walked outside, the amp shut down and wouldnt come on again.

The light was dead and it wouldnt work until i plug it into the charger, and it comes to life again if i flick the switch. Happened a few times now.

Anyone have a clue or similiar experience?

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 9
Sure sounds to me like you ran down the batteries.

When that happens, yes, you'll need to plug it into the wall using the supplied charger for an adequate period of time so the batteries are able to supply the required current to run the amp. Failure to do so will indeed result in (1) the switch/light not illuminating and (2) no sound will ever be heard through headphones connected to the headphone output.

At any rate, Serafim, it's really nothing to worry about. It happens to the best of consumer electronic devices.

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 9
hehe; yeah it sure does sound like errrmmm user error; batteries do indeed need charging once in a while
tongue.gif
of course if it was plugged in the whole time; you might have an issue

Aug 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 9
Just leave it plugged into the charger when at home unless on the move. The battery will stay charged and it won't hurt anything except it will keep the amp charged, which is better than totally discharging it all the time.

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #6 of 9
Trust me, id know if it was a dead battery, light was strong. And it functioned for days after those incidents. So no, its not a dead battery, thats why im actually mentioning this.

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #7 of 9
Then I would contact Ray. That would seem to be the best route and a fairly easy one. :^)

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Serafim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trust me, id know if it was a dead battery, light was strong. And it functioned for days after those incidents. So no, its not a dead battery, thats why im actually mentioning this.

Hmmm. You sure? When my Mustang's battery goes, it's quite a sudden thing. It's not like the amping strength get's weaker until it fades. It's running strong one moment and then the next, it's out.

Aug 10, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Serafim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's exactly what will happen when the battery go flat, dude. The light will always be strong as well as the sound and it will be gone like a puf. Take it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back