Anybody have any ideas on what a cool gift for my boss would be?
Nov 19, 2015 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kljash

Head-Fier
It's my last day of work for my current job tomorrow, and I would like to get a cool gift for my boss to show My appreciation for the job and all the good times over the years.
The only problem is, I honestly can't think of a gift that would mean something to him. He doesn't like sports/movies/music, witch makes it pretty hard to think of something he will enjoy.
Can anyone think of something that would be cool to get as a gift. And yes I realize the irony of asking people who don't know my boss what to get my boss. Any ideas would be appreciated, I might just end up getting him a box of chocolates if i can't think of anything.

By the way he is an older guy, and doesn't drink. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 6
Late 70's. Unfortunately his dad had been sick for some time, and just recently passed away. All I can remember talking to him about is his dad.

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 6
Giftcard maybe? Like for ThinkGeek or something (why ThinkGeek? because they have lots of quirky stuff that can jazz up an office and its more specialized than an Amazon/Walmart/Costco "same as cash" kind of giftcard) - that way he can get something he wants (or at least, have more of a choice in it), but you're still "getting him something."

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 6
How much do you want to spend? 

You don't mention if you think he is financially well off or not. If you think he is well off, then you could make a donation to a good charity in his father's memory. If he is not so well off, then something more appropriate might just be an Amazon gift card. That way he could decide to use it for necessities or perhaps for a luxury item he might appreciate. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back