Anybody has a picture of the Optimus CD 3400???
Aug 28, 2001 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Onix

Papá de Iñaki
I have been reading a lot about it lately, just curious on how it looks. Please post a picture if you have one (or if you just have the picture). Thanks.

Aug 28, 2001 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 11
here's a pic that ron sent me:
cd3400.jpg

Aug 28, 2001 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 11
Can you try and post it again Skyppy? Or maybe you can e-mail it to me if you have the time. Thanks.

Aug 28, 2001 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 11
Nevermind, now I can see it. For some reason I was expecting something more cool looking, but I guess it's okay for the early 1990's. Anyway, I finally see this legendary player. Thanks Skippy.

Aug 28, 2001 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 11
It looks prettier in that other picture MacDEF. So, how did you get it? One of my concerns would be if the player needs repair after a few years. How would you manage that?

Aug 28, 2001 at 10:21 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

It looks prettier in that other picture MacDEF. So, how did you get it? One of my concerns would be if the player needs repair after a few years. How would you manage that?

I actually bought two of them when they were being sold at RatShack in 1994
wink.gif

I sold one a couple months ago, and still have the other. It actually required a service last month, and the people at the repair shop said that it was pretty normal for them at this point in their life. Radio Shack's repair center charges a flat fee of $39 plus parts ($9.75 for mine). Basically the repair they did was to realign the servo mechanism and to clean the lens. Pretty standard tune-up for a 6-year-old portable. They also told me they resoldered all the connectors as a "service" -- I guess that's a good thing, but I don't see why it would have needed that -- maybe they just wanted to charge me $9.75 for solder
wink.gif

I'm actually thinking about selling it. I never use it anymore. In fact, when I sold the other one and took this one out of storage, it was the first time it had been used in years.

Aug 28, 2001 at 10:31 PM Post #10 of 11
Hey MacDEF - me interested......but not until I here from lini...keep me posted, k?

Aug 28, 2001 at 10:59 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

I'm actually thinking about selling it. I never use it anymore. In fact, when I sold the other one and took this one out of storage, it was the first time it had been used in years.

Yep. I would love to have it for me. But I'll have to wait at least around December, after my baby is born and I can use some money for myself again. I am torn between a sound processor for my PC, one of JMT's Altoids amp and now this player. I guess somebody else is going to get lucky with this one. It's a good thing to see that Radioshack takes care of their babies after such a long time. I wonder if Ratshack Mexico does the same
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back