Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 27, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #65 of 509
looks like their backup isn't updated, I lost a coupla PMs from a coupla days ago

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #66 of 509
Where is the button "Send a PM to take this further" on the "for sale" forums / threads?

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #67 of 509
Wow. I can hardly find the content with all of the space being taken up by so much advertising. It looks a bit like an arcade game now.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #68 of 509
Seems like posting pics in ads now requires a URL address, so you will have to use something like photobucket to host your pics. Also cannot find a search option in a thread. I like being able to look at a 1,000 post thread and pick out the ones that mention an amp. I guess this new system will just take some getting used to. Just clicked the upload a file option and you can upload a file directly from your computer, so perhaps this option is in the ads section and I did not see it.

I sent a Pm to another member today and I simply copy and pasted the jpeg into this message box.

Like this:

upload_2017-4-27_14-48-57.png

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #69 of 509
I cant seem to find my subscriptions. Can anyone help please? Im on mobile site

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #70 of 509
My issue is not getting notified when they're is a post an a thread I'm interested in. I always check email to read what's new. Now, no emails, I feel very unwanted... :frowning2:

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #72 of 509
I like the new look and feel, but this new design is really not user-friendly. I can't even find where to see my subscribed threads anymore to do my daily read-through. I didn't think this is what Jude mean't by maintenance. There isn't even any official guides posted that walk us through how to navigate the new site and educate us on all the new features. I'm 21 years old and having issues, so I can't even imagine the difficulties that some of our older members are having. I just want the old navigation cluster that showed up when you clicked your profile back...

P.S. - I am pleased with all of the new emotes / emojis though. I can't wait until we all post only using emojis.

Edit: Also it appears that when you use one of the newer emojis that the placement is broken. There needs to be an official bug report thread as well.

- InsanityOne :anger:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #73 of 509
Just want to say that having read the previous pages making up this thread I found most members comments to be negative and pettifogging.

It would be much more helpful and make for a more positive read if people share (as I have) their positive experiences/work arounds.

From my own experience I have found making a website to be an extremely complicated, lengthy and a costly process and I imagine a considerable amount of resources have already and will continue to be poured into the development of this site.

With the communities help, support and especially positive/constructive comments this website will be in even better shape before too long.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #75 of 509
https://www.head-fi.org/f/watched/threads clean all by open the last page of each thread, then you will see new posts there
Thanks, that link worked, and I am actually used to this format on another forum, but where is a link to Watched Threads out on the site itself? I am not seeing it anywhere as a link. Also I wonder if you will get notices of new posts on your watched threads anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back