Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 26, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #33 of 509
I'm really having a hard time navigating this.
  • Review pages are randomly organized (did the "like" system go away)?
  • Some pages take a really long time to load. Like really long.
  • Logging in, clicking to the front page, and the log-in button still shows up. Clicking away reveals that you're actually logged in already.
  • Signature "features". It'd be great if that came back and we were able to show 3 items (reviews, albums, etc.)
  • The old landing page for profile was really working rather nicely. Now it's split up.
  • Recent activity seems to be broken?
  • Showcase needs to be replaced by regular review posts.
  • We could use darker outlines for the posts. It's hard to separate where one user starts and the other ends, personally.
  • Side banner is broken on front page.
Just a couple of my issues, so far. Also texteditor doesn't seem to work all the time.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #36 of 509
A little heads up and some instructions posted to the home page would be nice! Administrators need to pull us out of the dark. I too would like to find my old thread subscriptions.

Top right hand corner you will see "account alerts", click on it, in the left pane you will see "watched threads", click, you will see your unread watched threads. If you have none just click on "show all watched threads."

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #40 of 509
Classic case of poorly orchestrated planning and design.
Such a pity.

Couple of things gone from my account -

1) Couple of the reviews I did are missing.
2) Reputation gone like everyone else.
3) Latest Trade Feedbacks are gone.
4) Photos are gone.
5) RMAF - CanJam Award missing.

That's all I can think of at this time, such a poor UI.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #43 of 509
How do you go to the last post you read in a thread? Without that I can't even use this site, the threads I'm subscribed to move so fast some days that there's 4 pages of replies and I'm not about to write down the last post I read each time for each thread that's just ridiculous.

I think there "should" be a "Go to first unread" button next to the page numbers for a thread. One issue I've had today though is that the site keeps logging me out. When that happens, there is no option to go to the first unread message. But, when I log back in, the option is next to the page numbers. Hope that helps.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #44 of 509
First off, congrats Head-Fi on thr relaunch. That sure has been quite a load of work. It will be PITA to many at first, but we will get used to it. Only been using it on mobile so far, with little trouble I must say:

_Entry page ist not responsive, you need to click on the very small Forums Link, then you see the burger

_Also on mobile, imho, too much going on. Can't tell ad from content

_when on the Forums overview page, and clicking on a Forum, there is a page after with only again the link. One click too much.

I'm sure you guys can sort things straight as you seem to be a very proffessional bunch. We will all be loving it in some weeks.

BR
Hondo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back