Anybody else think WTB should be it's own seperate forum?
Oct 17, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 46
Hm, that makes a lot of sense.

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 46
Nobody reads them anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously though, having run my own forums, too many forums (or sub-forums) is a PITA.

GAD

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #5 of 46
No! Cause we have enough sub-forum as is, and few people would probably end up reading it.

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 46
It does seem that many don't read WTBs as it is; putting them in a separate forum would cancel out the forum's purpose since hardly anyone would go there, so it's probably not worth the time. If the idea is instituted I vote that the site plays the sound of crickets when you enter the WTB section.

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #7 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It does seem that many don't read WTBs as it is; putting them in a separate forum would cancel out the forum's purpose since hardly anyone would go there, so it's probably not worth the time. If the idea is instituted I vote that the site plays the sound of crickets when you enter the WTB section.

I think you're totally wrong. The fact that they're scattered around the for sale forum makes them worthless. If you were going to put lets say your HD650's up for sale wouldn't you look in the WTB forum before creating a thread to see if anybody already wants them? I would. It would make selling things a little easier.

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 46
The forum doesn't move that fast anyway, and more navigating between sub-forums is more annoying than extra scrolling.

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The forum doesn't move that fast anyway, and more navigating between sub-forums is more annoying than extra scrolling.

yesterday the headphones for sale forum was a full page and a half of new for sale and want to buy. That's faster than the portable audio, amp, and dedicated source sub forum.

Oct 17, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #12 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by grape ape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're totally wrong. The fact that they're scattered around the for sale forum makes them worthless. If you were going to put lets say your HD650's up for sale wouldn't you look in the WTB forum before creating a thread to see if anybody already wants them? I would. It would make selling things a little easier.

Whether you think he's wrong or not, it's what happens daily. I've seen dozens of FS ads for something go up on the same page a WTB ad for the item is on.

Oct 17, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by grape ape /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. WTB's are a PITA to weed through when you want to look at FS's. When you want to sell something, it's a totally different story.

Also, we could allow newbs to post in WTB....like the guy who just joined and can't post that he wants to buy some 'phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back