Anybody else sad about the end of Stylus Magazine?
Oct 29, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 6
Yea, it's too bad. Hopefully Nick Southall (aka Sick Mouthy) will continue to post around here on occasion, because I do often agree with his reviews, including the wonderfulness of Electrelane and Caribou and Spoon and PJ Harvey and Six By Seven and others this year. And his attention to the awful state of sound quality on most modern releases.

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 6
Nobody else is going to miss Stylus?
frown.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 6
I check the articles several times a week, but I have to say that in the past four or five months it has really seemed to me that the quality of the features has been dropping.

That being said they usually have pretty good reviews, and I really enjoyed reading the Second Thoughts articles which let them re review an album after the hype has died down.

I wonder what all the writers will be doing next.

Nov 1, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, it's too bad. Hopefully Nick Southall (aka Sick Mouthy) will continue to post around here on occasion, because I do often agree with his reviews, including the wonderfulness of Electrelane and Caribou and Spoon and PJ Harvey and Six By Seven and others this year. And his attention to the awful state of sound quality on most modern releases.

Thanks, dude.

Nov 3, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SickMouthy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, dude.

You're a great writer Nick, and I've enjoyed reading your thoughts. Stylus was easily the classiest of the big ezines, and I know you are all proud of it, as you should be. It's a bit selfish, but I do think you should be writing for a high profile magazine or website (although not just any high forkin' profile website
smily_headphones1.gif
), because you're good, and I like to read about good music.

Take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back