Anybody else have a "dead zone" with Neutrik plugs?
Jul 10, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
Mundorf Supreme is 10% silver so its melting temperature is much higher than others.  Some stuff will melt before that solder will stick.  Cardas Quad Eutectic is the easiest to melt, while I like the way the Mundorf performs, I only break it out for special occasions.  How many Neutrik plugs have done this?  

Edit: nice find on the new small Viablue plugs.  Those could solve a lot of problems.  

thats pretty much what i was thinking, they may also melt easier than other connectors.  either that or they are just plain defective. 

reg. the viablue - I have to credit "parrots" with that find.. he posted it on the DIY cable forum. i'm just helping spread the word.  now if only they would make a right angle mini connector.. oh and lower their prices by about 2/3. 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #17 of 18
Yeah, I've messed up my fair share of Neutrik connectors.  The contacts are quite close together, so they're a lot easier to use with smaller wires, but tougher with big ones.  That's most likely not the problem at hand here, I think Chris just got a few bad plugs or something...

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #18 of 18
I don't think it's a user error since if I redo the connection, it'll still repeat itself.

As far as how many times this has happened, it's only come up maybe 2-3 times before. 

We'll see if I get anymore duds, then maybe it's time to find an alternative.

I'm pretty excited about those new mini Viablues :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back