Anybody else find the HE-5 to be a rather large headphone (in terms of fit)
Jan 27, 2010 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
I always figured I had a rather large head, but when I wear the HE-5 I feel no desire to adjust the headband because, it's smallest side already fits me fine. When I let someone try the headphones today who has a noticeably smaller head than I do, as most girls do, the person said the headphone felt too big, like it was going to fall off......does anyone else share this experience?

Jan 27, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 9
I just got mine yesterday and i am loving the sound. I always thought i had a decent sized head also but the smallest setting fits perfect and i could definitely not go any bigger.
I could see the headphone want to fall off someone with a smaller head since it is a little on the heavy side(compared to my rs1).

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 9
Mine is too big on the smallest setting, so I have to put some bubble wrap between my head and the headband. (no joke!)

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is too big on the smallest setting, so I have to put some bubble wrap between my head and the headband. (no joke!)

WOW!!!! maybe in that case it would be worth contacting Fang and making him aware, maybe they have another type of headband for you that they can make.

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by chickendinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got mine yesterday and i am loving the sound. I always thought i had a decent sized head also but the smallest setting fits perfect and i could definitely not go any bigger.
I could see the headphone want to fall off someone with a smaller head since it is a little on the heavy side(compared to my rs1).

Just curious, how do you compare the sound to the RS1....my experience with Grado is very very limited compared to all the other brands.

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #7 of 9
I've ended up using the lowest setting as well, but it luckily fits well at that setting.

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, how do you compare the sound to the RS1....my experience with Grado is very very limited compared to all the other brands.

HE-5 is much more laid back than RS1 but still slightly bright and forward(compared to K701).

I would say RS1 is slightly less detailed so far(still need more listening though), guitar and vocals are much more in your face, Mids are really sweet and bright and sound really cool most of the time. Highs are a little too piercing sometimes, not very relaxing at all if that is what you want. cymbals can be overpowering at times(HE-5 was early on but has seemed to tamed down nicely) . Bass is very good in both, very deep and detailed would need more listening to pick a favorite in that department.

HE-5 also has a much bigger soundstage and an overall much more balanced presentation. I also find the HE-5 much more comfortable to wear for long periods but they are much heavier as stated above

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have the same problem, except for the bubble wrap, i just live (uncomfortably) with it
frown.gif

is there any solution a bit more... elegant? i am thinking to make some kind of accessory with foam matching the headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back