ANY1 notice this on Bluetin, Sony NW-A919 16Gb
Feb 13, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by onlychild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like a new player to replace the A800 series, or is this old news?

It's been around for months and is old news at Atraclife. I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned here too. This model's an Atrac/SS Japan-only release and apparently can't display an English menu (although that didn't stop someone buying it anyway
biggrin.gif
. . . and no, it wasn't me!

The successor to the A81x is coming soon, (in a 16GB version) and it WILL display English menus.

Feb 13, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I....The successor to the A81x is coming soon, (in a 16GB version) and it WILL display English menus.

I'm kinda holding off on a A818 until I see what appears. But its taking ages....
frown.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm kinda holding off on a A818 until I see what appears. But its taking ages....
frown.gif

I know, but hopefully we'll know something by the end of the month. I want the 16GB version as well! It looks like it will be similar to the 81x series but with Bluetooth and a bigger capacity. I just wish they'd implement gapless with the new series - but I think it's unlikely.

Feb 13, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 10
I'd like FM and a standard USB connection. Love a HiFi version with EX90's and amp like a RH1 in it. MS Memory stick, and WAV Line in recording. It will never happen though.

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #7 of 10
I like a built in FM radio as well. And Sony should put in either a memory stick or SD card expansion slot, that way we can upgrade the memory on our own. And a line out would be REALLY nice.

Looking forward to this new 16GB player coming out. I bought my last mp3 player about 3 years ago. I am definitely in the market for a new one right now.

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by furball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking forward to this new 16GB player coming out. I bought my last mp3 player about 3 years ago. I am definitely in the market for a new one right now.

I definitely think it will be worth waiting for. And after 3 years, I think you'll find it a hugely enjoyable upgrade. Sony has implemented really good sound in its newer players, so I imagine the new model has to be at least as good as the 80x/81x series - and bigger. Yeah!!

Feb 15, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by furball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's to hoping it comes out soon!
smily_headphones1.gif

i was about to get the 8gb the other day. glad i read this thread before jumping the gun. can't wait for it to come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back