Any worthwhile competitor to the $50 Beats Flex wireless earphones?
Nov 7, 2020 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BangOn

Head-Fier
The Beats Flex have been out for a month by now at $50 and I couldn't find any mention of them. What I'm looking for in a pair of wireless earphones, ideally:
  • They shouldn't cost more
  • They shouldn't sound worse, though I'm mostly listening to spoken word
  • They don't have to be truly wireless. I like the Beats Flex design with the added great battery life, magnetic clasp
  • Design wise Beats (Apple) has all the money so most other manufacturers are at a disadvantage but this relatively new category of products are called wearables for a reason; they should look half decent
Many years ago people liked budget JVC wired earphones here. Budget JVC wireless headphones however
  • Look crap
  • Seemingly use second rate, outdated technology: no Bluetooth 5, not the right codecs
It's interesting how the business of wireless earphones is supposed to work. JVC, a reputable Japanese brand doesn't have access to the latest technology (or they don't care)? Who does? Some Apple earphones are reportedly made by Chiese OEM Goertek. Is it worthwhile to go down the route of which OEM makes Apple gear and assume maybe they make similar quality gear for others, too?

I'm an Android user. The Beats Flex has an Android app, too. What are other popular aides to help with pairing? I heard NFC pairing is a thing on Android, too. Are all wireless earphones throw away by design with absolutely no way to replace the battery? What a waste.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 3
It's probably early to discuss the merits of the Beats Flex earphones since two days ago. But the shopping holidays are coming and I thought it's OK to bump my thread. Perhaps you have any good recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back