any wired Bluetooth headphones with good SQ?
Nov 6, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #16 of 19
I have a vague impression of not being totally well-understood by some.
smile.gif

The solution I'm looking for is one in which:

*the audio/music from my player DOESN'T go through bluetooth, but 'straight' (eventually by a 'bypass' unit) to my wired heaphone, totally through a wired connection, to have optimal SQ

but in which

*the sound (incoming and outcoming) from my cellphone DOES go through bluetooth (through the double connection 'bypass' unit or straight to a headphone with both wired and bluetooth connection), because for cellphone conversation, bluetooth-SQ is more than enough.

Actually, that would be exactly what Shadesbass proposed ( Gear4 BluEye iPod Bluetooth Headset Remote - Apple Store (U.K.) ), but than not limited to an Ipod.
Something like e.g. also a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS200, but with an added audio-in-jack for wired connection to a mp3-player.

Another option would be a heaphone with bluetooth-in and wired-in (something like a Philips SHB6100, Philips - Bluetooth Stereo Headset SHB6100/79 - Phone accessories - Accessories )

I thought that I wouldn't have been the only one looking for something like that here, as it would combine practicallity with optimal SQ for music listening.
Well, I suppose that maybe I'm not going to find many more options.

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #17 of 19
I'm tempted to get get an iPod just to play with one of those BluEye things... Shame the screen display feature isn't available for the Touch. I guess nobody would buy an iPhone then...
wink.gif

You could always butcher the iPod connector and fit a standard 3.5mm jack plug on the end. The iPod connector pinout is available here. You want pins 2, 3, & 4 (GND, Right and Left respectively).

Nov 6, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by blub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought that I wouldn't have been the only one looking for something like that here, as it would combine practicallity with optimal SQ for music listening.

May be one of the reason is because there is a more elegant solution, that I have the vague impression of not being totally well-understood by some.
smile.gif

Btw, I have seen that bluetooth attachment thingie that is terminated in mini plug in a local store, but they carried it only briefly years back when bluetooth just started to get popular, and the product disappears altogether from the local market, I guess the reason is quite clear.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #19 of 19
I mentioned in my first post that the Motorola BT or BH820 has 3.5mm input and bluetooth input both. Battery life is like 14 hours, sound is decent. I might has a second pair I would sell you for $30 if I can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back